WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (18319) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Relieved

Relieved

on Nov 13th 2017

nov13-arlo-relieved.PNG

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (18319) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (18319) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “Relieved”

1. Kamino Neko Nov 13th 2017 at 12:48 am 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

She’s relieved he’s alright, but she’s not happy because he made her worry.

2. Amakawa Yuuto Nov 13th 2017 at 01:44 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

She’s also not happy because she had to get out of bed in the middle of the night.

3. Stan Nov 13th 2017 at 03:14 am 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The sarcastic tone implied by the italics seems to hint that she’d have been happier to find him in some sort of dire straits. ‘I worried and had to get out of bed because you fell asleep? Jeeze, you couldn’t have had an aneurism or seizure or something? Thanks for nothing, j@ck@$$!’

Man, she’s mean.

4. David B Nov 13th 2017 at 09:39 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I think Stan’s interpretation is too harsh. My take, like Kamino & Amakawa, is that she is relieved that he is alright, annoyed that she had to get out of bed in the middle of the night, and resigned to the knowledge that she won’t get as much sleep as she would have liked.

5. Mitch4 Nov 13th 2017 at 10:34 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I’m with the majority opinion above.

A. Y. is that like “I’m awake - you too?”?

6. James Pollock Nov 13th 2017 at 11:58 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I think Stan’s pointed in the right direction, but has gone too far out.
    It isn’t that she wishes her discomfort had a better reason, so much as annoyance that her concern was wasted.

After all, this is “Arlo and Janis”, not “The Lockhorns”.

7. Christine Nov 13th 2017 at 12:18 pm 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

My husband just left on a business trip. This morning, he was counting his Euros, and freaks me out, saying we’re short a 20 and a 10. Having carefully watched the clerk count out the notes, this seemed unlikely (as did my husband’s suggestion that he had counted one note short in each pile, as it would make more sense for it to be *every* pile.)

He then remembered “oh, I put one of each in my wallet last night”. Yes, I’m glad not to be out $45. However, I was equally busy being ticked at him for worrying me. I completely understand Janet’s reaction. That said, it took a bunch of “oh, thank goodness it was just you being careless” incidents before the “damn it, why did you do that” reaction really took over, and I’m not sure Arlo does it that often, does he?

8. Big Chief Nov 13th 2017 at 01:35 pm 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

My first thought, and apparently no one else’s, was she’s relieved because she actually got up to relieve herself.

9. Mitch4 Nov 13th 2017 at 02:24 pm 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“For this relief, much thanks” - Hamlet I 1, I think.

10. Ron Nov 13th 2017 at 03:58 pm 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I think Big Chief has it…
    and that’s why the second “relieved” was emphasized.

11. Kamino Neko Nov 13th 2017 at 05:06 pm 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

No, that doesn’t make any sense. She got up because she was worried that something had happened to Arlo, and…peed, instead of checking on him?

The second relieved was emphasized to emphasize that she wasn’t happy.

12. Singapore Bill Nov 13th 2017 at 09:44 pm 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It’s an Arlo. Janis wanted some loving. When she found Arlo wasn’t there, she went looking for some “relief” and found that he had no interest. The only “relief” she got was finding out he was asleep and that she was going to have to relieve herself.