Sunday Funnies - LOL, November 12, 2017

Cidu Bill on Nov 12th 2017

banana.jpg

“I’m afraid we’ll have no chance of curing your husband until we find out why he changed into a banana”

loose-fish.GIF

nov-12-chuckle-brothers.gif

my-cage-wonder-1.GIFmy-cage-wonder-2.GIF

Filed in Bill Bickel, Chuckle Brothers, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Dave Blazek, Gahan Wilson, Loose Parts, My Cage, Wonder Woman, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 9 responses so far

9 Responses to “Sunday Funnies - LOL, November 12, 2017”

1. Kilby Nov 12th 2017 at 02:31 am 1

For some reason, the fan community still has trouble accepting that “Batman vs. Superman” was an incredible pile of

2. Kilby Nov 12th 2017 at 02:34 am 2

P.S. Wordpress seems to have decided that the was no reason to state the obvious.

3. DemetriosX Nov 12th 2017 at 07:20 am 3

The problem with Loose Parts is that I initially read the waiter’s outfit as implying that fish was very, very far from being fresh. (In fact, Blazek could repurpose this one by putting the waiter in either a gas mask or a hazmat suit.) Then I just found myself wondering why he has both a rebreather and a snorkel in a single unit. I’m pretty sure that wouldn’t work.

4. James Pollock Nov 12th 2017 at 07:46 am 4

“The problem with Loose Parts is that I initially read the waiter’s outfit as implying that fish was very, very far from being fresh.”
    You can’t tell. The waiter is not visibly dripping water, so presumably he hasn’t been in the water yet and therefore we don’t know if he’ll be able to catch anything. If he does, the fish will be VERY fresh. If not, not so fresh.

5. Rasheed Nov 12th 2017 at 07:56 am 5

Did My Cage screw up? They dropped the Wonder Vermin pun in the 3rd panel

6. Kilby Nov 12th 2017 at 11:27 am 6

I think Rasheed is exactly right @5, it would have been better with uniform naming.

7. Ted from Ft. Laud Nov 12th 2017 at 02:53 pm 7

As far as the diving outfit - it is pretty badly drawn (and I’m not sure how the waiter would be expected to answer the question with the mouthpiece in his mouth). It seems to be a scuba outfit rather than a rebreather - however, it uses a single hose of an old-style 2 hose regulator - apparently attached to a modern second stage - rather than a modern single hose regulator. A snorkel would be fairly standard for a rec diver, but as you note, it appears to be attached to the second stage rather than being attached to the mask with the mouthpiece hanging. Goggles rather than a mask don’t work either. I’m not sure why these choices - I doubt too many of his readers date back to Sea Hunt (though Blazek himself might barely), and “modern” single hose regulators became standard close to 50 years ago, so would probably be more familiar to the readers.

8. Arthur Nov 12th 2017 at 05:59 pm 8

An old entry from my sigfiles:
    Superman has reactionless thrust. The alternative is just
    too disgusting to contemplate.

9. Meryl A Nov 14th 2017 at 03:50 am 9