Haloloween

Cidu Bill on Oct 29th 2017

bizarro-halloween.GIF

grim.PNG

marley-jim-benton.PNG

starloween.gif

strange-zombies.gif

Filed in Bizarro, Halloween, Jim Benton, Mark Parisi, New Yorker, Off the Mark, Star Trek, Star Wars, Strange Brew | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Haloloween”

1. Andréa Oct 29th 2017 at 12:24 am 1

“Neither of us IS . . . “

2. Kilby Oct 29th 2017 at 01:23 am 2

The “cave reaper” is a repeat from three weeks ago, but it’s still funny.

3. Ted from Ft. Laud Oct 29th 2017 at 01:41 am 3

I really liked the Bizarro - it actually got a LOL out of me - just the level of subtlety that appeals. However, it seems like July was an odd time for it to come out. The second one doesn’t do too much for me (and didn’t when it was here 3 weeks ago, but I’m guessing repeats don’t matter in this case…). Neither does the Benton (which ran on GoComics in September last year - no idea why all the out of season Halloween comics). The basic gag in the Parisi has been done to death, and I don’t think he really brought anything new to it. I did like the Deering, but I’m not quite sure why it worked for me…

4. mitch4 Oct 29th 2017 at 09:20 am 4

Yes, it took me a minute to accept that “on the way to” is considered false if “you will get there” is discovered (revealed) to be false.

5. Greybeard Oct 29th 2017 at 09:31 am 5

Tsk. That’s “Neither of us *IS*.” Because English.

6. BeckoningChasm Oct 29th 2017 at 10:48 am 6

I don’t think I understand the cul-de-sac one. Do zombies always follow roadways or something?

7. Cidu Bill Oct 29th 2017 at 02:04 pm 7

Okay, let’s dwell on the fact that I’m doing a lot better about repeats than I used to.

Actually, I thought the Bob Marley might have been a rerun.

8. Jon Delfin Oct 29th 2017 at 02:05 pm 8

They’re stuck in the cul-de-sac and can’t get out, or they’re looking for the person who inserted that unnecessary comma. (Today is Proofreading Day at CIDU?)

9. Ron Oct 29th 2017 at 04:55 pm 9

They’re very polite zombies and won’t walk on the grass.
    or:
    They’re wearing roller skate shoes and would bog down off the roadway.
    on the gripping hand:
    Once you think about this one, there’s no possible win.

10. Treesong Oct 29th 2017 at 07:05 pm 10

I think the Grim Reaper repeat was worthwhile. Compare and contrast….

11. Mark in Boston Oct 29th 2017 at 08:21 pm 11

Actual phone message taken by my mom: “A man called about the sports car you wanted to buy. He said his name was Alfred Romero or Alfie Romano or something.”

12. chakolate Oct 29th 2017 at 08:29 pm 12

The Grim Reaper one was good, but the Bob Marley one made me laugh so loud I woke my cats.

13. mitch4 Oct 29th 2017 at 08:33 pm 13

Or they’re like robot vacuum cleaners and just turn aside when running up against a curb.

14. Ron Oct 29th 2017 at 09:53 pm 14

If they’re like robot vacuum cleaners, it becomes amazingly easy
    to protect against an attacking zombie horde.

15. Olivier Oct 30th 2017 at 04:34 am 15

The undead are stuck in a dead end, ha, ha.