Cidu Bill on Oct 18th 2017

fiat-lux.JPG

Filed in Arlo Award, Arlo and Janis, Bill Bickel, Jimmy Johnson, comic strips, comics, humor | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “Honestly, this one was headed to the CIDU folder before Terrence sent it to me with an Arlo tag”

1. James Pollock Oct 18th 2017 at 04:07 pm 1

When Janis stands in front of the lamp, she is backlit.

The light shines through her clothing that way.

Arlo, indeed.

2. DemetriosX Oct 18th 2017 at 04:18 pm 2

Yeah I had to think about it briefly when I saw it this morning. The fact that it was A&J helped me figure it out.

3. larK Oct 18th 2017 at 05:27 pm 3

The shadowing on Janis in the second panel as she walks in front of the lamp clinches it.

4. Carl Oct 18th 2017 at 08:24 pm 4

5. chakolate Oct 18th 2017 at 08:40 pm 5

When I read the comic, I thought the horizontal shading was supposed to be Janis shimmying or something. The comments on the comic pointed out the change in position relative to the lamp.

So why do I feel like I cheated on you guys by reading their comments?

6. James Pollock Oct 18th 2017 at 09:12 pm 6

“Now explain why Arlo picks up his book and starts reading after the lamp is turned off. Is there another, unseen lamp on his side of the bed?”

Could be one of those new-style Kindles that provides its own illumination.

7. mitch4 Oct 19th 2017 at 12:42 am 7

Jimmy has become more active with the Facebook group, and very early posted this with a note about “silhouette”, which mostly supplies the answer.

8. tigalilee Oct 19th 2017 at 08:37 am 8

The whole silhouette thing went over my head. I was confused and came to a far worse Arlo interpretation involving…which….hand…she…used…to…flip..the…switch. oh goodness.

9. tigalilee Oct 19th 2017 at 08:38 am 9

See? Apparently my interpretation was so bad it was sent to moderation. LOL

10. Powers Oct 19th 2017 at 09:33 am 10

It’s not a very accurate silhouette. I thought it was just shading due to her being in front of the lamp (and receiving no light on that side). If it looked more like a silhouette it’d be better.

11. Kilby Oct 19th 2017 at 11:09 am 11

The second frame could never have been more than a rough approximation. If the translucent shadow were even slightly anatomically accurate, then the syndicate would have cashiered the strip, and we would not be talking about it here.

12. Lola Oct 20th 2017 at 07:30 pm 12

And I thought it was because she was un”screwing” the bulb.