Quicksand

Cidu Bill on Oct 13th 2017

oct13-f-quicksand.PNG

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, F-Minus, Tony Carrillo, comic strips, comics, humor | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Quicksand”

1. Arthur Oct 13th 2017 at 12:56 am 1

He’s saying he shouldn’t be dead because he only dreamed he died
    (in quicksand).

2. fleabane Oct 13th 2017 at 01:02 am 2

What the… He was hoping he’d die in a really cool and exciting way and get to the exciting heaven but he died in his sleep and goes to the boring heaven and he’s trying to argue his case? Or he’s sentenced to spend eternity sinking up to his knees as he died it quicksand and he points out he didn’t? Or the cartoonist lost a bet and had to do a strip where the dialog makes absolutely no sense?

3. fleabane Oct 13th 2017 at 01:04 am 3

Asked my roommate. Blank stare. “I could torture out a pun about the Quick and the Dead? No…”

4. B.A. Oct 13th 2017 at 01:22 am 4

Quicksand sounds awfully specific.

5. Stan Oct 13th 2017 at 01:39 am 5

I think it could be that he’s upset because St. Peter has recorded ‘Died in his sleep’ in the registry book, but the guy wants something more exciting registered as the cause of his demise, especially since he was dreaming about being consumed by quicksand, and possibly this nightmare gave him the heart attack that led to his death. That should count as ‘death by quicksand’! C’mon!

6. billybob Oct 13th 2017 at 02:37 am 6

He once said “all I ask is that I die painlessly in my sleep” and now he’s mad because he suffered an imaginary awful death.

7. Kamino Neko Oct 13th 2017 at 07:47 am 7

What billybob said.

8. tigalilee Oct 13th 2017 at 09:34 am 8

Way to go Billybob. I had a different interpretation at first glance (No fair! I didn’t really die! It was just a dream!) but the punctuation and wording supports your theory.

9. Joseph K. Oct 13th 2017 at 12:25 pm 9

I think Stan has it right.

10. tigalilee Oct 13th 2017 at 01:04 pm 10

How did I miss Stan’s reply? Scrolled too fast, maybe. Well, now I’m torn!

11. Winter Wallaby Oct 13th 2017 at 02:16 pm 11

I’m also torn. Originally I had the same thought as Arthur, but now I’m split, maybe 60% for billybob, 40% for Stan.

12. Mona Oct 13th 2017 at 03:41 pm 12

My first thought was what Arthur said. In re-reading it and our comments, I would now go with billybob. Yes, he did die in his sleep, but not peacefully.

13. Arthur Oct 13th 2017 at 04:06 pm 13

When I saw Stan’s explanation, I thought it was better than
    mine. Then I saw the next post, and I now think that billybob
    has the right answer.

14. Keera Oct 13th 2017 at 06:04 pm 14

I like both Stan’s and billybob’s take.

15. Stan Oct 13th 2017 at 08:05 pm 15

After reading billybob’s response, I thought, “Crap, he’s got it! Why didn’t I see that!” But with people’s support for my original theory, I’m also torn.

God knows.