Edibles

Cidu Bill on Oct 9th 2017

oct09-mark-edibles.PNG

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Mark Parisi, Off the Mark, comic strips, comics, humor | 20 responses so far

20 Responses to “Edibles”

1. Jame Redekop Oct 9th 2017 at 12:23 am 1

“Edibles” can refer to baked goods full of pot.

Willie Nelson and Snoop Dog are famous for their pot use. They spend a lot of their time pretty baked.

2. CaroZ Oct 9th 2017 at 12:34 am 2

“Edibles” here in Colorado refers to marijuana-laced foods. The tour buses of these particular celebrities are likely to contain copious weed.

3. Ted from Ft. Laud Oct 9th 2017 at 03:05 am 3

I would have given this one a LOL rather than a CIDU…

4. Kilby Oct 9th 2017 at 03:39 am 4

5. Bob in Nashville Oct 9th 2017 at 07:44 am 5

Fiona Apple’s next on the menu.

6. padraig Oct 9th 2017 at 09:25 am 6

There’s a sandwich chain that advertises “Baked Subs.” They don’t cook their sub sandwiches. “Baked” is their target demographic.

7. chuckers Oct 9th 2017 at 09:39 am 7

I would probably have gone for “Ironically, these guys are giving me the munchies!”

That might have been a little be more understandable. At least to me.

8. B.A. Oct 9th 2017 at 11:46 am 8

I nominate Chuckers for the Comic Strip Editor of the Week Award.

9. Mark in Boston Oct 9th 2017 at 08:25 pm 9

I don’t know if anyone says “MMM … Edibles.” I don’t know what the stuff tastes like, but I don’t think it makes a brownie taste better.

10. James Pollock Oct 9th 2017 at 09:50 pm 10

“I don’t know if anyone says “MMM … Edibles.””

What’s your sample size? How many 12-story talking lizards do you know?

11. Stan Oct 9th 2017 at 11:21 pm 11

Yea, I’m with MIB. I think maybe part of the confusion was the ‘MMM…’ If you accidently came across the type of edible that they’re clearly referring to here, maybe ‘Hey man! Edibles!’, or ‘Score! Edibles!’ would have been a more appropriate response. The tastiness factor indicated by ‘MMM…’ would hardly be a consideration.

12. Mark in Boston Oct 10th 2017 at 08:21 pm 12

James, if my sample size were zero, I still wouldn’t know if anyone says “MMM … Edibles.”

*Especially* if my sample size were zero.

13. James Pollock Oct 10th 2017 at 10:22 pm 13

“James, if my sample size were zero, I still wouldn’t know if anyone says ‘MMM … Edibles.’”

Either way, we’ve now established that you find the dialog unrealistic in this cartoon about 12-story tall, talking lizards. The cartoonist should have played it safe, and just had the lizard saying “GRONK!”

14. Stan Oct 10th 2017 at 11:16 pm 14

“you find the dialog unrealistic in this cartoon about 12-story tall, talking lizards”

Not to speak for Mark (but I’m going to…sorry), but yea, unrealistic in the sense that it makes the joke unclear, not that lizards of that size exist or actually have conversations. I don’t think that was the issue. ‘Gronk’ wouldn’t have helped much to that end either.

15. James Pollock Oct 10th 2017 at 11:45 pm 15

“unrealistic in the sense that it makes the joke unclear”

I didn’t find it so. YMMV, I guess.

16. Stan Oct 11th 2017 at 08:01 pm 16

“YMMV, I guess.”

True. There’s no need for snide posts at others’ expense then, eh?

17. Mark in Boston Oct 11th 2017 at 09:45 pm 17

I confess my absolute and total ignorance and someone tries to make me look even more ignorant than that.

18. James Pollock Oct 11th 2017 at 10:23 pm 18

“‘YMMV, I guess.’
    True. There’s no need for snide posts at others’ expense then, eh?”

YMDV

19. Kilby Oct 12th 2017 at 04:10 am 19

I agree with Stan @16. This has been going on long enough, and not just in this thread.

20. Olivier Oct 12th 2017 at 04:26 am 20

On the other hand, Homer Simpson has been heard saying “MMM… urinal fresh”: so maybe “MMM” refers to enjoyment in general, not necessarily through taste (I hope :) ). In Spanish : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e67PVc7t608