Cidu Bill on Oct 3rd 2017

door.JPG

Filed in Bill Bickel, F-Minus, Monty Hall, Tony Carrillo, comic strips, comics, humor | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “I wonder how many people (I don’t mean any of YOU guys, of course) think this was a response to Monty Hall’s death three days earlier”

1. Terrence Feenstra Oct 3rd 2017 at 06:37 pm 1

Number Two. Heh-heh.

2. Andréa Oct 3rd 2017 at 06:58 pm 2

who is Monty Hall?

3. Arthur Oct 3rd 2017 at 06:58 pm 3

Yes, but did they show her the goat behind the other door?

4. James Schend Oct 4th 2017 at 12:56 am 4

Did she win a hover-round scooter? That’s… a pretty random thing to win.

5. Mona Oct 4th 2017 at 01:25 am 5

I had not heard that Monty Hall passed away. Thanks for telling us.
    In regards to the comic, I guess that is a bow on top?

6. Kilby Oct 4th 2017 at 04:08 am 6

I agree with Mona @4, but at first I thought it was a rattlesnake.

7. Mitch4 Oct 4th 2017 at 09:37 am 7

It was the company she works for that staged that event. I still have two readings on it. 1) it was all along known to be a retirement party, and the prizes were meant as parting gifts, either a very generous retirement bonus (year salary) or moderately generous gift of this Rascal-like vehicle. Or 2) they wanted to get rid of her, and staged the game-show party to offer her the chance of a one-year extension or else immediate retirement (with the vehicle as a gift but also a “you’re too old” message.)

8. mike smith Oct 4th 2017 at 04:17 pm 8

Given the time between when the comics are written and when they are published I think this is more of a coincidence. Three days would be an awful quick turn around. If the late, lamented Mr. Hall had not died this would be here under a geezer tag.

9. James Pollock Oct 4th 2017 at 04:21 pm 9

“If the late, lamented Mr. Hall had not died this would be here under a geezer tag.”

Except that Let’s Make a Deal is currently running with host Wayne Brady.

I mean, Wheel of Fortune ended when Chuck Woolery left, right?

10. Scott Oct 4th 2017 at 06:05 pm 10

And this seems like a good time for the Jimmy Buffet song
    My Whole World Lies Waiting Behind Door Number 3″

11. turquoisecow Oct 4th 2017 at 09:16 pm 11

Well, depending on her annual salary, maybe this wasn’t a bad gift. Those scooters can be kind of expensive.

It’s better than some of the other consolation prizes they gave out. Like a donkey.

12. Mark in Boston Oct 5th 2017 at 11:21 pm 12

13. Kilby Oct 6th 2017 at 05:33 am 13

I played a bit of D&D with friends in high school: back then, the term “Monty Haul” was occasionally used for dungeons (and/or dungeon masters) who were too easy or liberal with loot. It was not a term of endearment.