2016 called (?)

Cidu Bill on Sep 29th 2017

pokemon.gif

Just an hour or so before I saw this, I was randomly wondering whether Pokémon Go is still a thing.

Filed in Bill Bickel, John McPherson, Pokémon Go, comic strips, comics, humor | 8 responses so far

8 Responses to “2016 called (?)”

1. David S. Sep 29th 2017 at 07:56 pm 1

Yes, Pokémon Go is still out there. It’s far from the first use of this joke; police departments have joked about the great Pokémon they have in the station for anyone with a warrant out for them.

2. Kilby Sep 29th 2017 at 08:02 pm 2

Any crook stupid enough to get caught by those guards should be denied conjugal visits. Think of it as evolution in action.

3. James Pollock Sep 29th 2017 at 08:17 pm 3

Two things:
    1) yes, Pokemon Go is still running. They released a new set of Pokemon into the wild this year, so even if you DID catch all of the original 151, there were still a bunch more to look for.
    2) The cartoon doesn’t say this is happening now. It’s phrased in the past tense.

Cops do catch people with warrants by calling them or their known associates and telling them they’ve won a prize or need to come claim some money. The challenge is always getting the people coming in staggered so the arrest of one doesn’t spook the waiting room.

4. 1958Fury Sep 29th 2017 at 11:20 pm 4

This was a CIDU for me at first, because I read “Pokemon Go folks” to mean “people who play Pokemon Go”, when it really means “the people who make Pokemon Go” (and therefore assign monster locations).

5. Winter Wallaby Sep 30th 2017 at 12:06 am 5

I’m kind of with Bill on this. Yes, Pokemon Go is stil out there, but it’s not huge like it was last year. Thankfully, I can now sit in the downtown park without having several hundred people rushing back and forth in front of me.

6. Cidu Bill Sep 30th 2017 at 01:24 am 6

James, I was just re-reading a story from a few years back about a guy who stole a cell phone and then got a call on the phone telling him he’d won a case of beer, and come to this address to puck it up…

7. Jeff Lichtman Sep 30th 2017 at 10:54 pm 7

Did they somehow create monsters that only criminals are attracted to? Or is the strategy to get as many people as they can in jail, and then figure out who belongs there? If it’s the latter, why would they need Pokémon Go for this? Why not just grab people randomly off the street, hoping some will be criminals?

Also, are the guys in the back cell some sort of colorless ghost criminals?

8. Meryl A Oct 3rd 2017 at 02:35 am 8

Cidu Bill - normally I think it is (around here and I know you are here too) Yankees tickets that the crooks have won and have to pick up.

Even in France Pokemon Go is still around. I have online embroidery friend who is French (living in France) and she posted in the group photos of her husband and sons near the Eiffel Tower with their phones in front of their faces as they were playing during summer vacation this year.