Room

Cidu Bill on Sep 28th 2017

sept28-rubes-bearswoods.PNG

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Leigh Rubin, Rubes, comic strips, comics, humor | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Room”

1. billybob Sep 28th 2017 at 12:31 am 1

talking tree opines bear is having a good time, silently brooding tree is embarrassed.

2. B.A. Sep 28th 2017 at 01:11 am 2

If this is the tree’s most humiliating day ever, he must never have encountered a dog.

3. Kilby Sep 28th 2017 at 04:08 am 3

The same caption recently appeared here in a Bizarro comic. Although not exactly synchronous, they did both appear in April, just 11 days apart.

4. Kilby Sep 28th 2017 at 04:15 am 4

P.S. Sorry, make that here in a Bizarro comic.

5. Bob Sep 28th 2017 at 06:47 am 5

B.A. - I don’t think bears and dogs usually visit the same trees.

6. tigalilee Sep 28th 2017 at 08:15 am 6

The tree is being publicly violated by a bear. This is not funny or consensual. Someone should call a ranger.

7. Mark M Sep 28th 2017 at 09:22 am 7

Hopefully I’m not stating the obvious, but since no one else has mentioned it, bears are supposedly notorious for using trees as a scratching post for their backs. The trees are misinterpreting this as some kind of inappropriate act. That still doesn’t explain the dialogue between the trees.

8. James Pollock Sep 28th 2017 at 10:04 am 8

I was interpreting the dialogue (and thought bubble) as coming from unseen people, up in the trees, hiding from the bear.

9. Kilby Sep 28th 2017 at 11:30 am 9

@ Mark M (7) - Besides bears, this is also typical behavior for wild boar. In both cases, it serves a triple purpose: the scratching relieves itchy skin irritation, while simultaneously dislodging many of the elements (dirt and/or insects) responsible for the itch, and it also marks the tree with the animal’s scent, helping to define the animal’s territory (or at least the route taken).

10. B.A. Sep 28th 2017 at 12:27 pm 10

Bob (5), they can, except in North Carolina.

11. Mark in Boston Sep 28th 2017 at 10:53 pm 11

I’ve scratched my back against various things, but I didn’t know I could get in trouble for it.