Saturday Morning ARLOL

Cidu Bill on Sep 9th 2017

arlol.JPG

(This was sent to me without identification. Bliss, maybe?)

Filed in Arlo Award, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, comics, humor, lol | 16 responses so far

16 Responses to “Saturday Morning ARLOL”

1. Arthur Sep 9th 2017 at 12:10 am 1

I’d have labeled it ARLEWWW or maybe ARLOLEWWW.

2. Fluffy Bunny Slippers Sep 9th 2017 at 12:28 am 2

It’s as they say, If you can’t lick ‘em, find someone to lick ‘em for you.

3. Mona Sep 9th 2017 at 02:03 am 3

Yep. ARLO LOL. Nuff said.

4. Ted from Ft. Laud Sep 9th 2017 at 02:05 am 4

Fairly well known, but still got a LOL from me - I guess I’m a low person. It is indeed Bliss, and was rejected by the New Yorker - but made it to the “Best of the Rejection Collection”.

5. mitch4 Sep 9th 2017 at 09:32 am 5

OT — Ted in Ft.L., and others in the storm path, please check in when you can, and let us know how you’ve made it thru.

(Oh wait, should this be in “Your miscellaneous comments” instead? But I saw Ted posting right here and figured this is where he would see a comment.)

6. Danny Boy (London Derrière) Sep 9th 2017 at 09:51 am 6

There is a related joke, with a human character asking what do you do for a rattlesnake bite, out in the brush inaccessible to a hospital. When he is obliged finally to specify where on the anatomy the injury is, he gets the answer “Well that is when you find out who your real friends are”.

7. Bob in Nashville Sep 9th 2017 at 11:08 am 7

Or the related joke about a hillbillie making small talk with his buddy:
    “I wish I could do that.”
    “You better pet that dog first.”

8. Mark in Boston Sep 9th 2017 at 08:55 pm 8

Two men exit a men’s room. One has both arms in slings, with both hands completely covered in bandages. He says to the other one “Thanks!”

9. Ted from Ft. Laud Sep 10th 2017 at 05:12 am 9

mitch4 - it’s windy and rainy (and noisy) right now, but it appears at worst it’ll be minimal hurricane conditions here, sometime this afternoon. Not so at my younger one’s abode in Ft Myers, where he is quite concerned that the somewhat sketchy townhouse he lives in won’t survive. He isn’t there - he bugged out and came here. But he is worried about lots of belongings - especially music (sheet, books, and records) and his organ (and maybe some other instruments) - that he couldn’t bring with. Mostly replaceable if necessary, but painful…

10. DemetriosX Sep 10th 2017 at 05:51 am 10

@MiB (8): In the version of that joke that I know, the other man is an old man with palsy.

11. Kilby Sep 10th 2017 at 07:55 am 11

@ DemetriosX (10) - “Du kannst schütteln,
    du kannst klopfen,
    in der Hose bleibt
    der letzte Tropfen.

12. larK Sep 10th 2017 at 10:55 pm 12

No matter how you shake and dance,
    The last drop only comes in your pants.

13. Kilby Sep 11th 2017 at 04:53 am 13

@ larK (12) - Very nice translation, much better than the attempt I started @11 but gave up on.

P.S. I think I would invert “only comes” to read “comes only“.

14. larK Sep 11th 2017 at 11:17 am 14

Except, Kilby, I’m convinced your German ditty is the translation ;-)
    I can’t remember where I heard mine back in the depths of youth, and I’ve never been able to remember it so that the last line scans nicely, but the obvious rhyme of “dance” and “pants” is just there, whereas the German version it sounds to me like they had to work for the rhyme: Tropfen/klopfen? Klopfen? That’s not how I think about it… (”Drop/Knocking” for those who don’t speak German…)

15. Mark in Boston Sep 11th 2017 at 08:18 pm 15

“The last few drops go down your pants.” is how I heard it.

It is probably best to avoid any use of the exact four-word sequence “come in your pants”.

16. Meryl A Sep 13th 2017 at 01:34 am 16

Ted from Ft Laud -

I am glad you are okay.

Husband’s best friend from when he was in elementary school lives there also. No matter how many times husband told him to leave - he refused. Husband suggests that his friend might take a trip to Boston, a place he loves to go and then it is not running away - but taking a trip. No. As the storm is heading there he finally decided he should leave and cannot figure out where to go. Husband finds a number for friend to call to find out where there is a shelter near him with space. Friend decides not to call. Luckily he was okay - but shaken up. Glad he no longer lived in the Keys as he did back when we got married (he lived in DC in between).

I have not heard from a client who is Pt St Lucie - luckily she moved from Naples, FL last year.