Saturday Morning Oy - September 2, 2017

Cidu Bill on Sep 2nd 2017

oy-queen-vic.JPGsept03-0y-reality.GIF

Filed in Bill Bickel, New Adventures of Queen Victoria, Reality Check, comic strips, comics, humor, oy | 10 responses so far

10 Responses to “Saturday Morning Oy - September 2, 2017”

1. Mona Sep 2nd 2017 at 12:45 am 1

Good one, Queen Victoria!

2. James Pollock Sep 2nd 2017 at 02:29 am 2

I agree with Vicki; I think I’d like the Steelers over the Cardinals this year.

3. Mitch4 Sep 2nd 2017 at 07:51 am 3

“My parents were in Iron and steel!”

“Really?”

“Oh yeah. She would iron while he would steal.”

4. Carl Sep 2nd 2017 at 08:50 am 4

James Pollock @2, note the 2009 copyright. The Cardinals beat the Steelers in their first pre-season game of that season. However, Pab was presumably referring to Super Bowl 43, which the Steelers won.

Thanks, Wikipedia!

5. James Pollock Sep 2nd 2017 at 10:40 am 5

Carl, IGNORE the 2009 copyright.
    Vicki says “That is the STUPIDEST reason to bet on a game we have ever heard!”

She’s right. Using a historical example to decide on which sports team to bet on IS stupid (which is why nobody does it.) Sometimes it would be stupid, but still predict the right outcome, sometimes it would be stupid, and predict the wrong outcome, and sometimes, it would be stupid because during football season, two teams can play each other more than once (as many as three times in the same year in the pros) and they can split the games.

Now, in this comic, Vicki’s line isn’t (strictly) the punchline, it’s the justification and the payoff for the elaborate pun that has spent the previous five panels developing.

In any case, the one team that no NFL team can beat is the zebras.

6. zookeeper Sep 2nd 2017 at 12:24 pm 6

Made me laugh, thanks Bill for sharing.

7. Meryl A Sep 5th 2017 at 02:40 am 7

I think it is Queen Elizabeth I - based on her appearance and the storyline that seems to refer to Henry VIII.

8. Olivier Sep 5th 2017 at 04:08 am 8

9. Savage Sep 7th 2017 at 02:37 pm 9

Andrea, re: Wizard of Id:
    The clock is broken, so no one knows what time it is. Therefore, Sir Rodney can get his Ding-Dong on whenever he wants.

10. Meryl A Sep 13th 2017 at 02:42 am 10

I know my British royals and also period clothes.