Sunday Funnies — LOL, August 13, 2017

Cidu Bill on Aug 13th 2017

bacchus.GIF

sheep.PNG

tundra-crows.jpg

ziggy-psychic.PNG

Filed in Barney & Clyde, Bill Bickel, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, New Yorker, Tundra, Ziggy, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Sunday Funnies — LOL, August 13, 2017”

1. Rasheed Aug 13th 2017 at 06:41 am 1

Wow a chuckle for Ziggy, I don’t know when was the last if ever.

New Yorker was almost a CIDU, at first I thought the farmer had a lamb crammed inside his pocket, maybe a last look at baby before going off to slaughter?

2. Daniel J. Drazen Aug 13th 2017 at 07:33 am 2

The Ziggy reminds me: my late wife flew to California for a cousin’s wedding about a week after 9/11. The plane was pretty empty. Some of the flight attendants had gotten pink slips and that was their last flight.

3. Mitch4 Aug 13th 2017 at 10:58 am 3

Rasheed, would you share that correct / funny reading of the sheep one please? I haven’t arrived there yet.

4. Richard Aug 13th 2017 at 11:04 am 4

Sorry - I’m not sure I understand the the Ziggy is a CIDU for me. Is the joke that the psychics all predicted the plane would crash, and the joke is that Ziggy is going to die?

5. MikeK Aug 13th 2017 at 11:09 am 5

That may be the first time I laughed out load at Ziggy.

6. Treesong Aug 13th 2017 at 11:43 am 6

The sheep are shown their haircuts, er, woolcuts, to see if they’re satisfied.
    Yes. the psychics foresaw disaster. They’re comic strip psychics; they can do that.

7. James Pollock Aug 13th 2017 at 01:33 pm 7

” Is the joke that the psychics all predicted the plane would crash, and the joke is that Ziggy is going to die?”

Morbid much?

No, it’s just that this plane will develop mechanical difficulties, have to divert to land in Podunk, and all the travelers will be stuck there for two days while the plane is repaired. The psychics just didn’t want to miss the exciting kickoff speech at their convention… it’s going to be AWESOME!

8. Soup Dragon Aug 13th 2017 at 03:46 pm 8

If the plane was going to crash, shouldn’t those psychics have been able to tell and reschedule long before the “last moment”? At least one of them?
    I think this is a variant of “annual convention for the clairvoyant has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.”

Re Tundra, it would be more appropriate if the crows were carrying matches and torches. Clubs and a crowbar (even if aptly named) wouldn’t be very scary to a sack of hay with clothes on.

9. Mona Aug 13th 2017 at 05:16 pm 9

Rasheed, to be more specific, the farmer (rancher? sheep-guy?) is holding a mirror to show the sheep their new look. I also thought he had a sheep under his arm at first.
    I understand the crow and scarecrow one, but it doesn’t make sense to me. I guess the joke is that the crows are not afraid of him as long as they are on their own turf, and boy, is he about to get it from them as payback for keeping them out of the cornfield. Unless they are goons that the fraidy-crows have hired to take care of the scarecrow. I agree with Soup Dragon that the clubs, etc. aren’t going to hurt the scarecrow, but fire certainly would. The crowbar is funny, and I suppose it would break the stick that is usually up the scarecrows, shall we say back.

10. zookeeper Aug 14th 2017 at 08:05 am 10

Ziggy - cue minor key in the pit of the stomach.

11. Meryl A Aug 15th 2017 at 02:50 am 11

Strangely, we saw a sheep being shared just this past Friday - late in the season. Four sheep were held back from the spring shearing for demonstration at the festival we went to.

12. Mark M Aug 21st 2017 at 09:08 am 12

Meryl A - Yes, a sheep being shared would be strange to see. :-)

13. Meryl A Aug 23rd 2017 at 02:12 am 13

:-) Sheared of course. I did flunk typing in junior high as well as having a problem with seplling (sic) in school. Or as Robert wrote in the margin when hand corrected the version of to, two too he had used - that is why a wife is better than spellcheck - and I don’t have a wife.