Saturday Morning CIDEwww: P is for Privacy

Cidu Bill on Aug 12th 2017

july-22-ewww-cidu.GIF
Yes, it’s clear what’s happening, but… huh???

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Dave Coverly, Ewww, Speeed Bump, comic strips, comics, humor | 14 responses so far

14 Responses to “Saturday Morning CIDEwww: P is for Privacy”

1. Treesong Aug 12th 2017 at 12:30 am 1

Unicorns fart rainbows, lightning bugs pee light(ning). What’s to huh??

2. Cidu Bill Aug 12th 2017 at 01:05 am 2

Yes, then why is the other firefly watching as if he’d never seen this before?

As I said, I know what’s happening, but what’s the joke?

3. fleabane Aug 12th 2017 at 02:08 am 3

The other fly is just passing by. They both have permanently wide eyes.

4. James Pollock Aug 12th 2017 at 02:13 am 4

“Yes, then why is the other firefly watching as if he’d never seen this before?”

You’ve seen people pee before, but if they were to, say, start doing it in the furniture section of a department store, you might stare a bit. Perhaps this is NOT a place that would normally be considered a firefly restroom.

5. mitch4 Aug 12th 2017 at 08:38 am 5

I don’t know if they were real or apocryphal, but there were some notorious putative cases leading to the practice of putting signage on toilets in furniture / plumbing fixture showrooms stating that the fixture is not meant to be functional.

6. Kilby Aug 12th 2017 at 09:23 am 6

@ mitch4 (5) - At least two cartoons showing such situations (with and/or without such a sign) have appeared here (at least one of them was fairly recently), but I don’t remember the exact caption(s) well enough to execute a successful search (it’s possible that they were linked in a comment, rather than appearing as the subject of a post).

7. BillClay Aug 12th 2017 at 10:30 am 7

There is another decidedly more private function happening. “Doesn’t anybody knock anymore??”

8. Dave Van Domelen Aug 12th 2017 at 11:11 am 8

Firefly glow is meant to attract a mate. In this case, he’s just attracted unwanted male attention.

9. Ted from Ft. Laud Aug 12th 2017 at 11:13 am 9

Kilby - I found one (by searching for Gahan Wilson) here, but it was at least linked to more recently (and maybe actually showed up, though no tag so maybe not), connected to the second one you mention. Haven’t found the more recent occurrence or second cartoon yet.

10. Kilby Aug 12th 2017 at 12:35 pm 10

@ Ted (9) - It may have been two appearances of the same comic, but the appearance I definitely remember was the second drawing in the thread you linked to, but it was a different scan (white background instead of gray).

11. James Pollock Aug 12th 2017 at 01:29 pm 11

“there were some notorious putative cases leading to the practice of putting signage on toilets in furniture / plumbing fixture showrooms stating that the fixture is not meant to be functional.”

I didn’t say there were any fixtures. I was originally trying to draw a mental image of “wetting the bed”, but now I find it more amusing to picture it as standing in front of a chest of drawers, with one drawer, waist-high, pulled open.

12. B.A. Aug 12th 2017 at 03:46 pm 12

Very odd personal synchronicity: Just last night, something reminded me of the Gahan Wilson chicken comic (which I must have seen here 7 years ago), and I made a mental note to try tracking it down today.

So thanks, Ted!

13. narmitaj Aug 12th 2017 at 07:38 pm 13

@ mitch4 (5) - the Jackass people had a scene in one of their movies where one of them took a poo in a furniture store toilet bowl.

A first attempt at this stunt went wrong (shown in the film) where the poopertrator had built up a head of steam to guarantee he would be able to pooform but then found he could not contain himself, voiding into his trews in the crew minibus before entering the store, and causing, I believe, the cameraman to vomit.

ObMontyPython:

Whistler: Your Majesty is like a stream of bat’s piss.
    Prince: What?
    Whistler: It was one of Wilde’s.
    Oscar: It sodding was not! It was Shaw!
    Prince: Well Mr. Shaw?
    Shaw: I… I merely meant, Your Majesty, that you shine out like a shaft of gold when all around is dark.

14. Bob in Nashville Aug 13th 2017 at 09:45 pm 14

I just thought the glowing pee was funny and left it at that.