Brazarro

Cidu Bill on Aug 4th 2017

brazarro.GIF

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bizarro, CIDU, comic strips, comics, humor | 25 responses so far

25 Responses to “Brazarro”

1. Kilby Aug 4th 2017 at 07:50 am 1

When I first saw it, I had a feeling that this one was going to show up here, but as an Ewww, rather than a CIDU. I didn’t think it was particularly funny: it struck me as amazingly insensitive. Piraro may have been going for “I may look like a dweeb, but my girlfriend is a mythical Amazon”, but it seems more likely that she’s simply a cancer patient. Putting a pink ribbon on his lapel wouldn’t have helped, either.

2. thwgt Aug 4th 2017 at 08:07 am 2

I think it’s for his nose.

3. BBBB Aug 4th 2017 at 08:10 am 3

Good one, thwgt! I was thinking of a different part of his anatomy, but the nose makes more sense.

4. mitch4 Aug 4th 2017 at 08:24 am 4

Yes, it’s surely for his nose.

The flaw in his plan (well, not the only one) would be that an actual single-cup bra would not have it centrally located. But I take that as an element of absurdity that contributes to the humor.

P.S. I’m not easily reading the flipped and script signage for the shop name. Is it merely “Real Purdy Lingerie”?

5. Kilby Aug 4th 2017 at 08:41 am 5

OK, I’m willing to admit that thwgt’s explanation @2 is better (and mitch4 is right about the window, too), but if this dweeb thinks he has a problem with his schnozz, he certainly isn’t going to look any better wearing something like that over it. Besides, if he’s looking for support, wouldn’t a jockstrap be a better design for the purpose? (It would be more “central”, see @4). Of course, he’d have to go to a different shop to get it, and there wouldn’t be anything to laugh about when he asks for it (as opposed to later, when he puts it on).

P.S. The other option would be a “nose-float”, similar to what Opus recently tried.

6. Arseetoo Aug 4th 2017 at 09:09 am 6

Yup… it’s for his nose, though it seems non-droopy (dare I say: “perky”) enough not to need it. Maybe it’s in preparation for later years in life. :-)

7. padraig Aug 4th 2017 at 09:18 am 7

Well, you jog one of those things around for a couple of years, it don’t look so perky any more.

8. Daniel J. Drazen Aug 4th 2017 at 10:03 am 8

“… it may be a joke to you, but it’s his nose. He can’t help having a hideous great hooter! And his poor little head, trembling under the weight of it! ”

Paul’s Grandfather, “A Hard Day’s night”

9. Powers Aug 4th 2017 at 10:40 am 9

Yes, the issue isn’t that it’s drooping; it’s that when he jogs it flops around and it needs support.

10. Folly Aug 4th 2017 at 04:21 pm 10

Really? The consensus is the big nose? I mean, I can’t think of anything else…

11. Lord Jubjub Aug 4th 2017 at 04:33 pm 11

@mitch #4. That’s how I read it.

12. fleabane Aug 4th 2017 at 06:37 pm 12

I’m having a very hard time understanding @1 or anything not nose related.

13. B.A. Aug 4th 2017 at 07:29 pm 13

I don’t see the point of comic strip punchlines about large noses, when large noses are comic strip staples, and thetefore “normal.”

14. James Pollock Aug 4th 2017 at 08:05 pm 14

“I don’t see the point of comic strip punchlines about large noses, when large noses are comic strip staples, and thetefore ‘normal.’”

Breasts are normal, too, but there’s comic-strip punchlines about them. Or at least there used to be, before General Halftrack got woke.

15. B.A. Aug 4th 2017 at 08:25 pm 15

Yes, but I’d say the same thing about a Liberty Meadows strip whose entire punchline was “wow, your breasts are freakishly large.”

16. Kilby Aug 4th 2017 at 08:47 pm 16

@ fleabane (12) - I recanted @1 in my comment @5, but I still think he’s in the wrong store, and asking for the wrong item. Like I indicated @5, not that it would help.

17. Mark in Boston Aug 4th 2017 at 09:39 pm 17

Didn’t we just recently see an Arlo & Janis with Arlo wearing a dust mask on his nose?

18. Arthur Aug 4th 2017 at 11:59 pm 18

I’m having a very hard time understanding @1

The Amazons were said to have cut off their left breasts in
    order to be able to better shoot a bow. Breast cancer survivors
    have often lost a single breast due to mastectomy. Either would
    need a sports bra with a single cup.

The consensus is that this is *not* what Piraro meant.

19. Arthur Aug 5th 2017 at 12:00 am 19

Sorry, I must have screwed up the end blockquote tag.

20. fleabane Aug 5th 2017 at 02:39 am 20

Yeah, I got the amazon reference. I just didn’t see how that would be a joke.

21. Ted from Ft. Laud Aug 5th 2017 at 02:50 am 21

It seems that the entire joke - weak as it is - is that he’s making fun of the comic strip convention that B.A. called out @13.

22. B.A. Aug 5th 2017 at 04:09 am 22

With all due respect, Ted, I think you’re giving him too much credit by suggesting he’s fourth-wallishly making fun of the convention.

But okay, I suppose it doesn’t cost us anything to be kind.

23. Brian from Boston Aug 5th 2017 at 07:23 am 23

When they were designing the first sports bra they sewed two jock straps together. A single cup bra is just a jock strap

24. Ted from Ft. Laud Aug 5th 2017 at 10:49 am 24

B.A. - possibly. I was basing that comment on the “normal” nose on the salesperson - the distinction was something Piraro was clearly showing, but my read on it may be more meta than he was actually shooting for.

25. Mark in Boston Aug 6th 2017 at 07:28 pm 25

In the comics where men have big noses, usually the women have normal-size noses.

Look at Fred and Wilma Flintstone for instance.