Just a warning…

Cidu Bill on Aug 2nd 2017

I’m switching computers, so there will be some accidental repeats on the horizon (and said repeats might not actually show up for several weeks). I will, however, try to be vigilant.

Filed in Bill Bickel | 10 responses so far

10 Responses to “Just a warning…”

1. Arthur Aug 2nd 2017 at 11:22 pm 1

I hope everyone agrees with me that it’s better to have
    duplicates than to miss something.

2. James Pollock Aug 3rd 2017 at 12:24 am 2

If network TV can have reruns, why not websites?

3. Cidu Bill Aug 3rd 2017 at 12:45 am 3

Does network tv still have reruns?

4. James Pollock Aug 3rd 2017 at 03:48 am 4

Some networks are ALL reruns… AntennaTV, MeTV, COZI, Laff (These are available locally over-the-air, YMMV.)
    CBS runs a lot of reruns of Big Bang Theory; reruns of Big Bang Theory routinely beat new programming on the other networks.
    The networks DO put some some new programming during the summer. It’s almost all crud. Reality competition shows, ugh.

According to the local listings, ABC had reruns of The Goldbergs, Speechless, Modern Family, American Housewife, and then Modern Family and the Goldbergs AGAIN.
    CBS had all new programming tonight… Big Brother and two episodes of something called “Salvation”.
    NBC had “America’s Got Talent”, which they rerun during the week, a new episode and then a rerun of “The Carmichael Show”, and then a rerun of Law & Order SVU.
    Fox had two new hours of Gordon Ramsay. I’d argue that all the Gordon Ramsay shows are the same thing over and over, but technically not reruns.
    And WB had reruns of Arrow and Supernatural.
    PBS was all reruns, too. (although PBS is not a network the way the others are… more like a syndicator than a network.)

5. Terrence Feenstra Aug 3rd 2017 at 07:07 am 5

For all the money we’re paying you, Bill, one would think you’d be a little more diligent.

6. Jay Aug 3rd 2017 at 11:37 am 6

I hope everyone agrees with me that it’s better to have
    duplicates than to miss something.

7. Kilby Aug 3rd 2017 at 11:58 am 7

I hope everyone agrees with Arthur (@1) and Jay (@6) that it’s better to have duplicates than to miss something.

P.S. Nevertheless, I still agree with Terrence Feenstra (@5). ;-)

8. Olivier Aug 4th 2017 at 04:24 am 8

Someone begs to differ on duplicates : http://www.byrdseed.com/wp-content/uploads/duplicator.gif
    Terrence Feenstra @5 : reading your comment, I couldn’t help imagining Bill in panel 1 here http://i2.wp.com/www.bugmartini.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/2016-04-28-Aghast-Will-and-Testament.png?fit=1005%2C343

9. Brian in STL Aug 6th 2017 at 06:41 pm 9

Heavily serialized shows tend not to have reruns these days, but sitcoms and episodic dramas do.

10. Meryl A Aug 9th 2017 at 01:54 am 10

Bill - I know what it is like and I feel your pain in the move.

It just took me over a month to transfer contacts and calendar to a new cell phone - and there still are contacts which were not transferred (and a new category of “not transferred” in my Lotus Organizer to keep track of them) some of which will be transferred when I get a chance but I am highly unlikely to need - my Congresswoman, my Senators …. down to my Town Councilman. I had problems when I had to order Chinese take out (rarely done, so was not a priority to transfer) while in the car without the old phones and did not have the number and had to call the dentist for husband - number had not been transferred, but we were home, so I could pull an old cell phone for the number. Some of the calendar items have to be entered by hand (husband managed to convert most to a format to transfer enmass) and I am doing them month by month until the end of the year when there should be no more and then can enter them going forward.

I got a new computer in 2011 and a new hard drive last year. Both were nightmares. Even now, I have been working on something for my embroidery chapter and the president is getting picky about fonts. (Send me it in this font and that font so I can compare.) She asked for a specific Helvetica font. I had no Helvetica in my computer. I had to find the copy of the fonts from the computer I moved out of in 2011 in my archive drive and found Helvetica, but not the one she wanted.