Bandage

Cidu Bill on Jul 11th 2017

july11-arlo-bandage.PNG

Filed in Arlo and Janis, Bill Bickel, CIDU, Jimmy Johnson, comic strips, comics, humor | 9 responses so far

9 Responses to “Bandage”

1. Arthur Jul 11th 2017 at 12:09 am 1

She *really* wanted her alone time in the tub. If Arlo needed
    only a little bandage, she’d have let him bleed (or find some
    other solution). She let him intrude only because it must have
    been a more serious gash if it needs a large bandage.

2. Kamino Neko Jul 11th 2017 at 01:06 am 2

Agreed - she’s assessing the severity of Arlo’s injury before letting him in to disrupt her bath.

(And he’d probably disrupt it more if he wasn’t bleeding enough to need a big bandage.)

3. Meryl A Jul 11th 2017 at 01:21 am 3

There are no other bandages in the house?

On the Mary Tyler Moore show she cuts her finger in the kitchen. Her dad, a doctor, asks her for a bandage and she has them in the kitchen because she says she cuts her finger a lot.

Gave me a wonderful idea - box of Band Aids in BOTH bathrooms up and down - and first aid cream and aspirin (and similar) and hydrogen peroxide and aloe (for burns) etc.

So, if I was Janis, I could just send Arlo downstairs to the other assortment.

And yes there is a matching assortment in the RV also and a smaller sampling of first aid supplies in each car.

as Mary said - I cut myself a lot - in my case burn myself also.

4. Mona Jul 11th 2017 at 02:02 am 4

Meryl, I have BandAids in upstairs bathroom and in kitchen. Also in my car and Hubby’s truck. In our shop, travel bag, the travel trailer at our new home construction site. In my purse. I don’t injure myself a lot, I’m just prepared.
    Don’t get me started on the locations of our Costco eyeglass cleaner spray bottles (with lifetime free refills)!

5. Minor Annoyance Jul 11th 2017 at 02:55 am 5

In the Bumstead household, Dagwood enjoys his baths as much as his naps — with as many interruptions from Elmo, the mailman, salesmen, etc.

I’m still waiting for one of them to say “Sorry. I was expecting your wife.”

6. James Pollock Jul 11th 2017 at 03:13 am 6

I have bandaids wherever I last needed a bandaid. Fortunately, for me the need is rare (usually involving a clumsy cat. Yes, I have one of those.)

I went through a brief period when my offspring went through bandaids at a prodigious rate, requiring the bandaids to move to an undisclosed location. I still have the box that was so moved… 13 years later.

7. Daniel J. Drazen Jul 11th 2017 at 07:25 am 7

Geezer mode on: “Don’t come around/Leave me alone/Don’t bother me.”

8. VoodooChicken Jul 11th 2017 at 11:20 am 8

I have bandages all over the house EXCEPT for wherever I am when I need one.

9. Meryl A Jul 18th 2017 at 02:44 am 9

This past Friday we brought our car to the dealer for a recall repair. After the car was back home and we went out again for dinner, we noticed a full sheet of newspaper hanging from the bottom of the front of the car. Husband was trying to figure out what was going on, but I plunged ahead and pulled on the paper until it came off - it was so hard to get off that my hand ended up hitting the ground, scraping my finger and putting an injury which while not anywhere near major, was bleeding and dripping off the side a bit.

Trying not to make a problem, I reached into the glove compartment to get the box of bandages there and the first aid ointment. The latter was missing and there was one bandage in the box. I used my hand sanitizer on it and then bandaged my finger. I have since refilled the box.

We also have boxes of same in our van and our RV. Oh, and in the garage workshop.

I actually go through a lot of bandages as they fall off my finger. Problem is that my fingers are rather small around, so the pad covers most of my finger and the sticky part does not grab onto my finger enough to stay on - even with the smaller 5/8″ ones. So if I wash my hands or do the dishes it floats off;.