Don’t blink. Whatever you do, don’t blink.

Cidu Bill on May 7th 2017

Boise Ed sent in this bit of synchronicity, noting “And they’re adjacent in my alphabetically sorted list of comics.”

blink1.PNG

blink2.jpg

Filed in Bill Bickel, Pickles, Real Life Advenures, comic strips, comics, humor, synchronicity | 8 responses so far

8 Responses to “Don’t blink. Whatever you do, don’t blink.”

1. Stan May 7th 2017 at 09:46 pm 1

My eye twitches like that woman in the first comic from time to time. Should I be worried about this? I figured I’d ask you folks rather than a medical professional, as you seem knowledgeable and you’re much more affordable.

2. larK May 8th 2017 at 12:07 am 2

When it happens, try eating a banana, or otherwise ingesting potassium and/or magnesium. I’ve been told lack of these electrolytes causes twitching. Let me know how it works out. Then I’ll send you my bill.

3. Proginoskes May 8th 2017 at 03:21 am 3

I thought that that line in Pickles would make her eye stop twitching.

4. DemetriosX May 8th 2017 at 05:12 am 4

Bananas are good for cramps. If it’s your eyelid that’s twitching, it’s probably something known as “venous flutter”. Basically, a bit of turbulence has set in in one of the small veins making it wobble. An eyelid is light enough that it can be affected by this. Not much you can about except wait for the turbulence to die down.

All that is one of the few thing I remember from my bioengineering degree.

5. chemgal May 8th 2017 at 11:58 am 5

Stan, I find mine does the same when I’m feeling extra stressed. When the stress goes away, so, usually, does the twitching. DemetriosX, thanks for the explanation!

6. Meryl A May 9th 2017 at 01:14 am 6

In Pickles her eye “twitches” - actually blinking per the strip - for a couple of days. Her grandson then reminds her of when grandpa left his car blinker on until she told him to shut if off and perhaps someone needs to tell her eye to shut off - he does and it stops.

7. DSL May 18th 2017 at 02:10 pm 7

Has there ever been even one instance of “Real Life Adventures” in which the art was necessary?

8. Dave in Boston May 18th 2017 at 09:21 pm 8

IIRC, B-vitamin deficiency, I forget which one, can also promote muscle twitches, and that’s a bit more serious. Seek reliable information first (once you’re looking for a specific thing there’s a fair amount of medical information to be found posted on reputable sites) but consider a roast beef sandwich.