Unc Dunc

Cidu Bill on Apr 21st 2017

april21-perry-bible-fellowship-uncle_duncan.jpg

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Perry Bible Fellowship, comic strips, comics, humor | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Unc Dunc”

1. James Pollock Apr 21st 2017 at 12:53 am 1

It turns out that “coolest” and “best for the children” are different concepts…

2. PeterW Apr 21st 2017 at 01:11 am 2

The Hangover 7.

3. Ron Apr 21st 2017 at 01:15 am 3

“It’s all fun and games until somebody sends in the lion.”

4. Arthur Apr 21st 2017 at 01:30 am 4

The kids are playing gladiator - look at the weapons and the
    statue. One of the standard things was to loose wild animals for
    the gladiators to fight. Uncle Duncan decided to add this piece
    of realism.

5. narmitaj Apr 21st 2017 at 02:07 am 5

I haven’t seen that strip before, and didn’t get it until I saw Arthur’s comment. Now I think that’s supposed supposed to be crazy uncle Duncan himself dressed in a toga in the middle panel, pulling on a rope to release the lion, and not a statue.

6. James Pollock Apr 21st 2017 at 02:32 am 6

There’s only two kids, plus Uncle Duncan, but they have two pizza boxes on the floor…

Have they already sacrificed all the Christians?

7. Arthur Apr 21st 2017 at 03:07 am 7

narmitaj, good point. I saw the white figure in the back and I
    thought, “statue”. But I didn’t notice that the kids are equally
    white.

8. Fluffy Bunny Slippers Apr 21st 2017 at 05:24 am 8

How to defeat a boy wielding a plunger without a gun.

First thing to do, when being confronted by a boy wielding a plunger is to release the lion!

9. Pete Apr 21st 2017 at 08:42 am 9

“look at the weapons and the statue”

That’s not a statue, that’s Uncle Duncan playing Caesar.

10. farmer Apr 21st 2017 at 09:03 am 10

I initially thought it was a Narnia reference, but I agree with the gladiator interpretations now.

11. Kilby Apr 21st 2017 at 09:59 am 11

@ Arthur (7) - “I didn’t notice that the kids are equally white.

A few of the more recent PBF comics have been drawn more realistically, but generally PBF characters appear in “refrigerator white” with “cueball” heads.

12. Joseph K. Apr 21st 2017 at 03:09 pm 12

I love this strip. It turns out that Uncle Duncan is crazy.

13. Christine Apr 22nd 2017 at 10:51 am 13

I think a lot of people are missing that Uncle Duncan is pulling a rope in the second panel, presumably attached to the door in front of the lion. (Not that that visual detail is crucial, but it’s nice to know)

14. Treesong Apr 22nd 2017 at 01:17 pm 14

FBS 8: My first thought also was the Monty Python ‘Self-Defence Against Fresh Fruit’ sketch.

15. Mark in Boston Apr 22nd 2017 at 09:23 pm 15

Anyone who has a pet lion is the coolest in my opinion.