WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (17379) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Okay, I don’t mean to sound crude here, but…

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Okay, I don’t mean to sound crude here, but…

on Apr 20th 2017

cleavage.PNG
… wouldn’t the whole “cleavage” discussion make a bit more sense if she weren’t essentially Olive Oyl with bumps?

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (17379) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (17379) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 27 responses so far

27 Responses to “Okay, I don’t mean to sound crude here, but…”

1. ja Apr 20th 2017 at 05:22 am 1

(1)– look closely at the bottom of her v-neck
    (2)– “Cleavage” was likely chosen over other alternatives less likely to make it past censors.

2. Cidu Bill Apr 20th 2017 at 05:50 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I saw it, but I’d say more “crease” than “cleavage.”

The thing is, not every gag works with every character.

3. James Pollock Apr 20th 2017 at 06:15 am 3

An eternal question:
    If she doesn’t want him to look at her cleavage, why is she showing it to him?

Is it like that thing where you put the treat on the dog’s nose, and tell him not to eat it?

4. Terrence Feenstra Apr 20th 2017 at 06:42 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Bill.

5. Danny Boy (London Derrière) Apr 20th 2017 at 08:21 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“Bumps”? You mean her lovely lady lumps?

6. Powers Apr 20th 2017 at 09:30 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Bill, he’s 16. They aren’t exactly discriminating at that age. A “crease” is plenty.

But moreover, I think you’re reading too much into the simplified lines of a cartoon.

7. billybob Apr 20th 2017 at 09:42 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“Not much meat on her, but what’s there is cherce”

8. farmer Apr 20th 2017 at 10:08 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

When you’re new to beef, every cut is steak.

9. Winter Wallaby Apr 20th 2017 at 11:03 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

To echo other comments already made: Teenage boy. Not picky.

An eternal question: If she doesn’t want him to look at her cleavage, why is she showing it to him?

I often wonder why women who don’t want to be ogled aren’t wearing burqas.

10. AmazingThor Apr 20th 2017 at 12:39 pm 10

@Winter Wallaby:
    You can be ogled in any type of clothing. If someone wants to leer at you, they’re going to do it. There’s a difference between me wearing a shirt because I don’t want anyone to SEE my flabby abs (people can’t help SEEING you) and a woman wearing a low cut shirt who doesn’t want to be ogled. She’s fine with people seeing her, perhaps even noticing her cleavage, but she doesn’t want some perv staring down her shirt. The point is, noticing someone can’t be helped. Staring, touching, commenting, pointing, etc. are all behaviors you can control.

11. Winter Wallaby Apr 20th 2017 at 12:53 pm 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

AmazingThor #10: I agree with everything you said. (I’m wondering if you’ve taken a sarcastic comment as sincere?)

12. James Pollock Apr 20th 2017 at 01:30 pm 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“I often wonder why women who don’t want to be ogled aren’t wearing burqas.”

Sure, because there ARE only two choices in women’s fashions, after all. So if you don’t want the patch of skin located between your main secondary sex characteristics to be viewed by people, your only choice is to cover up head-to-toe. Also, I’m no sexist. The “if you don’t want to be looked at, wear more clothes” rule applies equally to both sexes. Ever see the movie “The Elephant Man”? He got tired of being stared at. How did he fix it?

If I get a haircut that I find unflattering to the point of being embarrassing, I wear a hat. I don’t go about my business and yell at anyone who dares to look at my hair.

I’m happy to support your choice, either way, whether it be “I want to wear whatever I want to wear” or “I don’t want to be looked at”. But those are mutually-exclusive choices, so you get one or the other, not both. If you want to wear a classic 1950’s era Wonder Woman costume, knock yourself out. But you WILL get stared at in the men’s room. If you want to go naked through the security checkpoint to protest oppressive TSA screening, fine by me. But you MAY be featured in a cell-phone video or two. If you want to wear a Depends and and a onesie, you may notice some staring AND whispering in your vicinity. Or, you can dress to blend in with the background, and go entirely unnoticed. Your call.

13. Cidu Bill Apr 20th 2017 at 01:34 pm 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Please note that I am in no way disparaging thin women: I married one. My only point was that she wouldn’t have referred to her cleavage except in the context of “ain’t got no.”

14. B.A. Apr 20th 2017 at 01:37 pm 14

Ja (1), “chest”?

15. Olivier Apr 20th 2017 at 02:59 pm 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The third panel is reminiscent of Racine’s line “J’entendrai des regards que vous croirez muets”. I love that line.

16. Regulator Machine Apr 20th 2017 at 03:09 pm 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I asked a woman that was dressed up really pretty why she dressed that way if she didn’t want attention,
    she replied, oh I want the attention, just not from YOU!

17. Boise Ed Apr 20th 2017 at 04:33 pm 17

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

RM [16]: Well, one has to admire her honesty. I’d much rather hear that than some confusing circumlocution.

18. James Pollock Apr 20th 2017 at 04:53 pm 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“oh I want the attention, just not from YOU!”

I was a single parent, my offspring is a gyno-American. Proper use and holstering was an occasional topic. If you open carry, this alarms and disturbs some people, but concealed, the weapons are still available to you should you need it but don’t draw any unwanted attention.
    Now she’s 21, so their primary use is to obtain free alcoholic beverages.

19. Boise Ed Apr 20th 2017 at 08:00 pm 19

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

James [18]: Huh? She holds up bars? Perhaps you’re just being coyly metaphorical, but the faux verb “open carry” has just one meaning, IMO.

20. Bob Apr 20th 2017 at 09:11 pm 20

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

JP@18 - LOL - first time I’ve heard an “over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder” referred to as a holster.

21. Mark in Boston Apr 20th 2017 at 11:26 pm 21

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Is her name Chesty Morgan by any chance?

Deadly Weapons: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0069952/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt

22. Chakolate Apr 20th 2017 at 11:52 pm 22

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

You all just go ahead and have your sausage fest.

23. Minor Annoyance Apr 21st 2017 at 02:48 am 23

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The strip has pretty well established almost any female characteristic triggers hormonal reactions in teen boys. Unless it’s their mothers, in which case the response is violent disgust.

Reminded of a blackout in “Robot Chicken”. Two young boys standing by their lockers are in a lather over a girl who developed over the summer. She walks by — a fat, pimply mess with a slight convexity — and they go ape.

I was more puzzled by a recent week where Jeremy lets her redecorate his locker, and she’s wildly excited about it. Is locker decoration A Thing? Would a girl actually want to do that? I recall a coworker who cheerfully described tossing her husband’s entire existing wardrobe when they got married (yes, they remained married); also a few ladies who were not interested in me but eager to mess with my apparel (”Do not go to Sears again! Call me first!”). But high school lockers?

24. Ted from Ft. Laud Apr 21st 2017 at 03:57 am 24

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

MA @ 23 - I believe we had a discussion some time ago about whether lockers were still a thing. I don’t think high schoolers around here have had access to (book) lockers in a long time (20 years?) and recently built high schools haven’t even included them (PE lockers - yes, but not book lockers), so “redecorating” becomes moot…

25. James Pollock Apr 21st 2017 at 05:03 am 25

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“I believe we had a discussion some time ago about whether lockers were still a thing.”

Lockers are still a thing. I volunteer in a STEM outreach program which holds many events in high-schools and middle schools, so I’ve been in about a dozen schools in the last couple of years. They all still have lockers.
    Like many other things, decorating one’s locker is a personal choice… some people do it extensively, some apply a minimum of personalization, and some do none at all. Back when I was in HS, I used someone else’s locker… it was closer to my classes than the one assigned to me.

26. Terrence Feenstra Apr 21st 2017 at 08:05 am 26

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

MiB - It pleased me to no end that when I googled “Chesty” the first result was Chesty Puller, the most decorated Marine in US history. Chesty is/was a person worth remembering.

27. lihtox Apr 21st 2017 at 12:00 pm 27

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I wear short sleeves in the summer because they’re cooler, not because I want to show off my forearms. I don’t have any experience with plunging necklines (frowned on for guys since the 80s) but I imagine they might feel comfortable in warm weather, if you’re used to them?