Comics That Made the Easter Bunny Laugh Out Loud

Cidu Bill on Apr 16th 2017

rug.PNG

jesus.PNG

nyer-donald-duck.PNG

Boise Ed:

bound-and-gagged-dana-summer-boise-ed.gif

Filed in Arlo and Janis, Bill Bickel, Bound and Gagged, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Dana Summer, Donald Duck, Easter, Jimmy Johnson, New Yorker, Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal, Zach Weiner, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 20 responses so far

20 Responses to “Comics That Made the Easter Bunny Laugh Out Loud”

1. Cidu Bill Apr 16th 2017 at 02:18 am 1

Regarding the final comic: Wouldn’t it be contrary to the store’s best interest to have this?

2. James Pollock Apr 16th 2017 at 05:47 am 2

“Wouldn’t it be contrary to the store’s best interest to have this?”

Well, they might lose some sales from women who are so annoyed by the answers they get that they leave with buying anything, and those cases where the truthful answer is “yes” and the woman agrees and decides not to buy for that reason.
    But, if they draw in enough new customers because of this features, and the store’s buyers have wisely selected products where the truthful answer is “no”, the store comes out ahead.

Or, perhaps the store makes up for lost women’s-wear sales via the in-store Haagen-Dazs franchise.”A pint of coffee-almond crunch flavored happiness, miss? That’ll be $12.50.”

And maybe the examiner offers to have the test come out the way the man wants it to, for a small fee.

3. Boise Ed Apr 16th 2017 at 03:48 pm 3

Bill [1]: It’d be contrary to the husband’s best interests, too! The first time, it would catch him by surprise, and he’d have no choice. After that, though, he’d probably never set foot in that store again (unless his wife works for United Airlines).

James [2]: I like that last idea.

4. James Pollock Apr 16th 2017 at 07:35 pm 4

“It’d be contrary to the husband’s best interests, too!”

Not if he can honestly answer “no”. (or the desired answer is “yes”– picture Sir Mix-a-lot in the chair).

5. Waferthinmint Apr 16th 2017 at 08:48 pm 5

ex gf in college: do these jeans make me look fat?
    me (not paying attention, thought she was asking about a pair of jeans I had said look particularly nice a couple of days earlier): it’s not the jeans.

me(noting anger): i mean it’s not those jeans

me(realizing i’m in a mine field with no map out): i’m sorry, what did you ask me?

6. Waferthinmint Apr 16th 2017 at 08:48 pm 6

A&J is a CIDU.

7. Proginoskes Apr 17th 2017 at 03:44 am 7

@ Waferthinmint [6]: Me too. Maybe Arlo’s acting like a cat, and Janis is scolding the cat?

8. James Pollock Apr 17th 2017 at 04:51 am 8

A&J explained.
    They’re shopping for a new rug. Janis is concerned about how it looks, but Arlo is concerned about how it feels. (Apparently, A&J sometimes lie down together in the den.) So, in panel 2, Arlo gets down on the floor and lies down on the rug. In panel 3, he’s trying to get Janis to lie down on the floor with him. She’s looking around, to see if anyone will notice what they’re doing. In panel 4, it turns out that yes, if she gets down on the floor with him, someone will see it.

9. Mark in Boston Apr 17th 2017 at 08:35 pm 9

Janis thinks Arlo wants to “do it” right there in the store.

10. James Pollock Apr 17th 2017 at 09:10 pm 10

“Janis thinks Arlo wants to “do it” right there in the store.”

No, unless you mean “make out while remaining fully clothed” by “do it”
    He knows that she won’t even wear a bikini in public any more.

11. Christine Apr 17th 2017 at 09:25 pm 11

I think that Janis in panel 3 might have been looking away out of embarrassment. Even if no one could see her, I wouldn’t expect her to lie down with Arlo. I’m fairly sure that Arlo knows this too, but that’s not going to stop him from trying to get her to join him anyhow.

12. James Pollock Apr 17th 2017 at 09:46 pm 12

I think the proper interpretation of Janis’ motion in panel 3 is that she’s looking around to see if anyone is watching. SHE knows she’s embarrassed for him, HE considers the possibility that she’s thinking about joining him.

13. Meryl A Apr 18th 2017 at 02:35 am 13

Husband knows that I expect an honest answer. I would rather he tell me than I look like some of the women I see. It did take me years to convince him that I REALLY want an honest answer, as well as when I say I don’t want any gifts, I REALLY don’t want any gifts.

14. Christine Apr 18th 2017 at 10:30 am 14

James Pollock, I think that makes the most sense

Meryl A - my husband is a believer in honest answers (and thinks that asking questions you want someone to lie about is horrible behaviour that should be punished with truthful answers). But I still can’t ask him “does this dress make me look fat?” because it’s culturally such a loaded question. “Does this work on me?” “Is it just me or does this emphasize my bust?” and other phrasings of the same question are fair game though. It’s like how telling the baby “stop hitting yourself” feels really awkward, even if all I really want is for him to stop punching himself in the eye.

15. James Pollock Apr 18th 2017 at 12:06 pm 15

” It’s like how telling the baby ’stop hitting yourself’ ”

When I was young, telling the baby “stop hitting yourself” was something the older sibling did to the younger siblings, while physically making the younger siblings hit themselves. It was, of course, a loophole when mom said “don’t hit your sister” or “don’t hit your brother”.

16. Mark in Boston Apr 18th 2017 at 09:40 pm 16

”’
    “Janis thinks Arlo wants to “do it” right there in the store.”

No, unless you mean “make out while remaining fully clothed” by “do it”
    He knows that she won’t even wear a bikini in public any more.
    ”’

Whatever he knows about her does not prevent him from wanting to “do it”.
    Sometimes Arlo wants something to happen that just plain is never going to happen.

So do we all.

17. Jeff Lichtman Apr 19th 2017 at 01:34 pm 17

Maybe the best thing for all would be a shill polygraph examiner who would always say the subject was telling the truth.

18. Christine Apr 19th 2017 at 02:45 pm 18

James Pollock - that’s exactly what it makes us think of. And so, even though he’s the one doing the hitting, not us, saying “stop punching yourself” sounds like something more in line with us abusing the baby, even though our motivation is not wanting to see him hurt.

19. Pinny Apr 19th 2017 at 10:09 pm 19

Re: [5], [14]:

Friends (TV show):
    “Do I look fat?”

20. Olivier Apr 20th 2017 at 02:34 pm 20

Jeff Lichtman : actually, I think that if the woman needs a polygraph to test her man’s honesty, she’s going to question the examiner’s honesty as well, no matter what.