Saturday Morning Grand Slam

Cidu Bill on Mar 11th 2017

As of 4:27 Friday afternoon, I’ve had this one sent to me as CIDU, LOL, Ewww and Arlo.

bizarro-urologist.gif

Filed in Arlo Award, Arlo Page, Bizarro, CIDU, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Ewww, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 27 responses so far

27 Responses to “Saturday Morning Grand Slam”

1. Bekki Mar 11th 2017 at 12:45 am 1

Ew. Since he’s a potato head, he’s packing his pecker in the case, easier for the urologist map exam.

2. Bekki Mar 11th 2017 at 12:46 am 2

And of course, Typo. Map exam = to examine.

3. PeterW Mar 11th 2017 at 12:54 am 3

Very few people are comfortable walking around in public with a disembodied pecker in their behind is why.

4. Bekki Mar 11th 2017 at 01:08 am 4

How would it be any different than having spare hands in there? Or his good shoes?

5. James Pollock Mar 11th 2017 at 01:13 am 5

“The real questions are: why does it have a special case? And why doesn’t he store it in the normal potato-head storage region of the derriere flap?”

The original Mr. Potato Head had no such provision, since the original Mr. Potato Head toy required the use of a real potato (not included). All of the bits that now have blunt plastic posts originally had sharp metal spikes.

***

“Very few people are comfortable walking around in public with a disembodied pecker in their behind”
    Not a lot of people comfortable walking around in public with the embodied ones in there, either.

6. AaronB Mar 11th 2017 at 02:13 am 6

This reminded me of a song I hadn’t heard in years. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

7. DemetriosX Mar 11th 2017 at 07:09 am 7

It took me a ridiculously long time to figure this one out. I read the case as a violin case (which is probably how Piraro got this past the censors).

8. billybob Mar 11th 2017 at 07:53 am 8

Oh great, I left it at home!

9. BBBB Mar 11th 2017 at 09:47 am 9

Becki @ #1: If you were a man, you wouldn’t ask why he (it?) needed a “special” case.

10. James Pollock Mar 11th 2017 at 11:51 am 10

“I read the case as a violin case (which is probably how Piraro got this past the censors).”

I said this before when this cartoon surfaced in another thread. There’s nothing to “get past” the censors. As long as you don’t actually draw a penis, there’s nothing to censor. Mr. Potato Head carries his penis in a case. Nearly all the other male comics characters keep theirs in their pants. Should the censors object to every cartoon that features a man in pants? Donald Duck doesn’t even WEAR pants! Neither does Bill the Cat, or the jeep, or Snoopy. (some exceptions apply… http://www.gocomics.com/bloom-county/2016/05/19 )

We’re all completely naked under our clothes…

11. Boise Ed Mar 11th 2017 at 03:12 pm 11

BBBB [9]: I am a man, and I had to ask (to myself). The only reason I can see for needing a “special” case is that Mr. Potato Head’s whole schtick is detachable parts, and this one only gets attached when in use. Plus, of course, that Piraro couldn’t draw this for family newspapers if it were attached.

12. pepperjackcandy Mar 11th 2017 at 08:06 pm 12

I spent entirely too long wondering where Mr. Potato Head keeps his bladder before I got it. And then I LOLed.

13. PeterW Mar 11th 2017 at 10:35 pm 13

14. James Pollock Mar 11th 2017 at 10:42 pm 14

“It’d be mighty difficult to walk with an embodied one in there, what with it being attached to somebody else who’d have to follow you.”

That’s the joke, yes.

15. Proginoskes Mar 12th 2017 at 03:41 am 15

@ Bekki [1]: I never knew he had a flap back there. Sonofagun.

@ James Pollock [10]: Don’t tell the fundies that we’re all naked under our clothes. That’ll get them rabid again.

***

Since Dan Piraro uses the eyeball as one of his “things”, maybe he should have drawn Mr. Potato Head without one of his eyes?

16. zbicyclist Mar 12th 2017 at 09:57 am 16

17. Grawlix Mar 12th 2017 at 12:13 pm 17

Why doesn’t he just FedEx the case to the urologist?

18. James Pollock Mar 12th 2017 at 12:24 pm 18

“Why doesn’t he just FedEx the case to the urologist?”

Because he doesn’t care if the case has a bladder infection.

19. Minor Annoyance Mar 12th 2017 at 04:50 pm 19

Apropos of Mr. Potatohead’s compartment:

20. Boise Ed Mar 12th 2017 at 07:42 pm 20

Thank you, MA [19]. That was hilarious.

21. Proginoskes Mar 13th 2017 at 03:36 am 21

@ Minor Annoyance [19]: Mr. Microphone evidently prefers Windows.

22. The Bad Seed Mar 14th 2017 at 09:46 am 22

Did nobody else post this? I first heard this song on a college radio station, at just about sunrise when I’d been driving since 4 am, and was pretty sure I was dreaming. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=byDiILrNbM4

23. Vulcan with a Mullet Mar 15th 2017 at 12:25 am 23

This would make a lot more sense if there were a recognizable Mr. Potato pecker in the usual toy kit.

24. Meryl A Mar 15th 2017 at 12:25 am 24

James Pollock - The early Mr. Potatoheads came with a styrofoam potato. I know. My mom would not let me waste a real potato.

Grawlix - Would you ship anything that important and take a chance on it getting lost instead of bringing it yourself if it needs to go somewhere local.

Or he is sneaking out to his girlfriend and using the exam as an excuse to his wife to bring it along.

25. James Pollock Mar 15th 2017 at 01:41 am 25

“The early Mr. Potatoheads came with a styrofoam potato. I know. My mom would not let me waste a real potato.”

“The toy was originally produced as separate plastic parts with pushpins that could be stuck into a real potato or other vegetable. However, due to complaints regarding rotting vegetables and new government safety regulations, Hasbro began including a plastic potato body within the toy set in 1964″

A potato with holes poked into it can still be cooked and eaten.

26. Meryl A Mar 20th 2017 at 03:02 am 26

The styrofoam potato shape came with mine before the plastic one came along - my kid sister got the plastic potato one. This may have been one in between the parts and the plastic potato. my mom would not let me use a potato and I used the styrofoam.

Just asked Robert - he says the styrofoam was a disk, not a potato shape - and his came with it also.

27. Kilby Mar 20th 2017 at 04:51 am 27

@ JP (25) - “A potato with holes poked into it can still be cooked and eaten.

Only if one is not squeamish about eating something that has been poked with implements coated in the usual amount of pre-schooler crud, and that’s not even counting the oxidation and enzymic processes that start as soon as the skin has been damaged. Unless it’s found and rescued on the same day, it’s not very likely that there will be much worth saving.