Crazy Stupid

Cidu Bill on Mar 10th 2017

march10-arlo-crazystupid.PNG

Filed in Arlo and Janis, Bill Bickel, CIDU, Jimmy Johnson, comic strips, comics, humor | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “Crazy Stupid”

1. Winter Wallaby Mar 10th 2017 at 01:09 am 1

When they were younger, being “naughty” or “crazy” involved something more drastic, like streaking, or staying up all night, or using drugs, or whatnot. Now it just involves eating dessert.

2. Minor Annoyance Mar 10th 2017 at 02:44 am 2

Recalling an episode of “Newhart” where Dick and some old college chums reclaim their youthful fearlessness. After a great deal of stalling, they ride down a slope on a toboggan. Followed by spicy food at a Mexican restaurant.

Also, chocolate and other less-than-healthy treats have long been pitched as “naughty” and “decadent”.

3. Olivier Mar 10th 2017 at 03:50 am 3

I remember my father allowing me to stay up late to watch Luke Cool Hand eat 50 hard-boiled eggs. THAT was ‘crazy stupid’. Chocolate cake for dessert sounds so tame by comparison.

4. Zookeeper Mar 10th 2017 at 11:49 am 4

Have had my share of crazy stupid (thank you Guardian Angel.) Boring, with a dessert now & then, suits me just fine.

5. Tom K Mar 10th 2017 at 12:26 pm 5

6. B.A. Mar 10th 2017 at 02:27 pm 6

Probably, Tom K, because they didn’t understand it.

Syndicates need to have a CIDU Division.

7. tigalilee Mar 10th 2017 at 02:30 pm 7

@Tom K –Ohhhh I laughed heartily at that! What made it so great was that my browser is running slowly for some reason, so the pic loaded bit by bit. First the word bubble, then the character, which made me think “Ok where is this going?”, and finally the pay off!

8. Boise Ed Mar 10th 2017 at 07:06 pm 8

Tom [5], I very nearly sent that one in to Bill, with an arlo tag. I’m guessing that the little violin case contains a, um, body part.

9. Phred Mar 10th 2017 at 09:45 pm 9

Tom K-
    This morning’s Bizzaro definitely took some thought to get. I doubt the censors took enough time to get the joke.

10. James Pollock Mar 10th 2017 at 10:06 pm 10

“I doubt the censors took enough time to get the joke.” (referring to the Bizzaro comic linked by Tom at #5)

I, on the other hand, am 100% certain the censors got the joke, and OK’ed it because Mr. Head was taking the relevant item in a case. Had he had it attached, that would have been censored. Had he had it loose in his hands, that would have been censored. No need to censor this one… there’s nothing to censor.

11. Mark in Boston Mar 10th 2017 at 11:58 pm 11

I’m never going to open a violin case again.

12. Cidu Bill Mar 11th 2017 at 12:14 am 12

Overcompensating?

13. Kilby Mar 11th 2017 at 02:48 am 13

@ Bill (12) - If it were a painting, “That is Priceless” could have used it for its intermittent series of “Great Moments in Phallic Portraiture”.

14. Mark in Boston Mar 11th 2017 at 09:22 pm 14

CIDU Bill, you have just revolutionized viola jokes.

(Because the viola is a bit larger than the violin, you see …)

15. Meryl A Mar 15th 2017 at 12:47 am 15

Olivier - which is crazy - him eating the eggs or your dad letting you stay up and watch it?