Click

Cidu Bill on Feb 16th 2017

feb16-frazz.PNG

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Frazz, Jef Mallett, comic strips, comics, humor | 7 responses so far

7 Responses to “Click”

1. Boise Ed Feb 16th 2017 at 01:46 am 1

First, you have to figure out the sequence: UL, UR, LL, LR. The lighthouse is just a decoration. In UR, the kid is “correcting” her “What on Earth” to “What onshore,” as a preface. Then when her explanation is deemed not clear, he does what the Coast Guard does — turns on a light and blows a horn. I don’t get the “click” or the lights going out, though.

2. Kedamono Feb 16th 2017 at 01:47 am 2

Followed by the sound of an air horn. ‘Cuss if you’re not clear on the subject, how can you ask “smart questions” or know what to “buckle down and study?”

3. Stan Feb 16th 2017 at 02:23 am 3

Following on from what BE said, could the ‘click’ be a switch from the figurative meaning of ‘not clear’ the teacher uses, to the literal ‘not clear’ when the power suddenly goes out leaving everyone in the dark…Caulfield was right! A light and horn may be useful after all to help deal with this situation. Ha, ha! Take that, teacher!

4. Olivier Feb 16th 2017 at 03:15 am 4

That light the boy clicks on is so bright that everything else looks dark by comparison.

5. furrykef Feb 16th 2017 at 03:28 am 5

Oh my freaking God, this is the worst panel layout I have ever seen in my life.

6. Kilby Feb 16th 2017 at 03:29 am 6

I didn’t understand this on Sunday, and I only sort of understand it now. Boise Ed is right on the money @1 with the sequencing problem, that took me a while to parse. I think the biggest problem is the teacher’s expression in the last panel. It looks like “dumbfounded surprise”, it would have helped if it conveyed “impending dread” (because of the horn that Caulfield is about to blow).

7. Ted from Ft. Laud Feb 16th 2017 at 05:02 am 7

I tend to agree that the sequencing is now understood, and Caulfield is implying she is unclear by turning on his light. However, I still don’t understand what Mrs. Olsen said that deserved that response from Caulfield (while he likes tweaking her, his actions generally have some apparent rationale, even if it is a painfully strained one), don’t understand Mrs. Olsen’s expression in final panel, and in particular, don’t understand what about all this is supposed to be the joke.