WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (16746) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Is there anything going on here other than ”All penguins look alike”?

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Is there anything going on here other than ”All penguins look alike”?

on Jan 6th 2017

loose-penguins.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (16746) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (16746) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 19 responses so far

19 Responses to “Is there anything going on here other than ”All penguins look alike”?”

1. Jen Jan 6th 2017 at 08:28 pm 1

He’s doing impressions?

2. Stan Jan 6th 2017 at 09:30 pm 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It reminds me of that joke:

A young penguin walks into a bar. He asks the barman, “Have you seen my father?”
    The barman replies, “Dunno. What does he look like?”

3. James Pollock Jan 6th 2017 at 09:47 pm 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Penguins don’t just all LOOK alike. They also all ACT alike. So if you do an impression of a penguin, you’re doing an impression of all the penguins.

I’m pretty sure Berke Breathed mined all the possible penguin jokes a comic can make, but… sure, why not.

4. Grawlix Jan 6th 2017 at 10:34 pm 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Oh, here going by the caption at the top of the comic panel I was thinking they were going to be abstract painters.

I was kinda disappointed to find they weren’t.

5. Mona Jan 7th 2017 at 12:21 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Grawlix, I was also expecting a painter.

6. Proginoskes Jan 7th 2017 at 04:33 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Gary Larson (of the Far Side, of course) did it better: A group of penguins, one singing, “I gotta be me!”

He says that when it got republished or syndicated, they messed it up by coloring that penguin yellow while keeping the rest white. I couldn’t find one of the yellow ones online.

Original: https://penguingeek.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/farside_02-04-07.jpg

7. Fluffy Bunny Slippers Jan 7th 2017 at 06:58 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

He might have the impressions of the other penguins down pat but he’ll have a hard time with Tacky the Penguin… Tacky is an odd bird, but a very nice bird to have around.

8. billclay Jan 7th 2017 at 10:48 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

All the other penguins have their left flipper pointed a bit out and the right one down. The one asking is reversed. He might be asking if the impressionist is skilled enough to change his flippers.

9. Mona Jan 7th 2017 at 12:34 pm 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Shouldn’t those guys be sitting on their eggs instead of goofing around? Just wait until their wives get back with the food!

10. Bob Jan 7th 2017 at 01:17 pm 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

billclay@8 - excellent observation! I think you nailed it.

11. Ted from Ft. Laud Jan 7th 2017 at 04:35 pm 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Proginoskes - I wasn’t able to find a copy online either, but I’ve seen it. It was when the cartoon was turned into a greeting card (I believe by Hallmark, which would have meant probably mid 1980s to early 1990s). I’m pretty sure both versions (the original and the doctored) were in The Prehistory of The Far Side, but I can’t find (or at least reach) my copy so I can’t be positive.

12. Boise Ed Jan 7th 2017 at 07:54 pm 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

That’s the problem with the phrase “do [something]”; it can refer to anything from sex to registration.

13. Mark in Boston Jan 7th 2017 at 09:10 pm 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

All I can think of right now is “Come on and see, see, see, Tennessee Tuxedo.”

14. Chakolate Jan 7th 2017 at 09:37 pm 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Oh, thanks a bunch, MIB @ 13, for the earworm.

15. Heather Jan 7th 2017 at 11:19 pm 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Since no evidence of the yellow penguin can be found, and since so many of us remember seeing that image and hearing that story… could this be an incidence of the Mandela Effect alternate universe? ;)

16. James Pollock Jan 8th 2017 at 12:03 pm 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I think the one with the miscolored penguin might have been the poster version.

17. Ted from Ft. Laud Jan 8th 2017 at 02:59 pm 17

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Finally dug out my copy of The Prehistory. The story is discussed there (in the section “Mistakes (Mine and Theirs)” though I was mistaken about a copy of the yellow penguin version being there - only the original is included. And James is correct - the miscolored cartoon was released as a poster (apparently by Andrews and McMeel themselves). I don’t believe I ever saw that, but I know I saw it as a greeting card, so they must have either done cards themselves at the time or licensed it to a card company.

18. Boise Ed Jan 8th 2017 at 04:19 pm 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

On the identical-penguin topic, take a look at http://www.arcamax.com/thefunnies/chucklebros/s-1910862

19. Meryl A Jan 18th 2017 at 03:47 am 19

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Does it mean anything that all the names, except maybe Ted, are characters in “South Park”?