Bonus Post-Christmas LOL

Cidu Bill on Jan 1st 2017

santaparisi.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Christmas, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Mark Parisi, Off the Mark, Santa Claus, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Bonus Post-Christmas LOL”

1. Keera Jan 1st 2017 at 10:11 am 1

LOL! Santa’s going on the naughty list.

2. Kilby Jan 1st 2017 at 11:04 am 2

His business name is quite appropriate, for either meaning of the verb “to nick”.

P.S. Which then reminded me of “Nick & Fetcher”, the two scrounging rats in “Chicken Run”.

3. Grawlix Jan 1st 2017 at 01:33 pm 3

So it would appear Santa has a career “off-season”. He could also work as a chimney sweep.

It does seem odd that Santa would take advantage of his victims like that. If they only knew…

4. James Pollock Jan 1st 2017 at 02:57 pm 4

Santa only visits the homes that have children in them. Of the four houses shown, all have roof damage but NONE shows any signs of being inhabited by children. Not just no kids, but no toys strewn about the yard, no bicycles, no basketball hoop in the driveway… spooky.

5. Powers Jan 2nd 2017 at 09:52 am 5

“Santa only visits the homes that have children in them.”

Is that so?

6. Cidu Bill Jan 2nd 2017 at 01:32 pm 6

We also weren’t visited by Santa, but that’s neither here nor there.

7. Kevin A Jan 2nd 2017 at 01:36 pm 7

@Powers
    I still get stuff from Santa, even a filled stocking occasionally (fancy woven fabric ones like I’ve never seen in stores), but no visit; it’s all mailed to me. ..Always from near the town where my sister lives with her daughter (and now grandchildren). I figure there must be some telepathic-like information transmission when he’s close to family (and he just drops what he has in the post box(?)).

8. Cidu Bill Jan 2nd 2017 at 01:40 pm 8

Last year our friends, whom we visit every Christmas Eve, all found coal in their stockings the following morning and went all “Monsters Are Due on Main Street.”

They never did conclusively find out who did it.

9. James Pollock Jan 2nd 2017 at 02:03 pm 9

“‘Santa only visits the homes that have children in them.’
    Is that so?”
    Well, no. (spoiler alert) it turns out that Santa doesn’t visit those houses, either.

“James, when out kids were living at home, we never had bicycles or such lying out in the front yard.”
    Never? Not once? I find that hard to believe, but you’d know better than I would. So, that covers one of the four houses. But no sign of kids at any of the four? I’m sticking with “spooky”.

“all found coal in their stockings”
    Here’s a story.
    One year, I got up before my sister did, went downstairs and hid all of her presents and put a lump of charcoal in her stocking, then went back to bed. Roughly a three-county area was awakened by the howl when she got up and went downstairs to see what Santa had brought her. Somehow, mom figured out that I was the guilty party.

10. Mark in Boston Jan 2nd 2017 at 09:30 pm 10

There’s a story in my family that an uncle found coal in his stocking, said “Coal! Yay!” and put it right into the coal stove.

11. Kilby Jan 3rd 2017 at 07:50 am 11

One year my father put a lump of charcoal (wrapped in tinfoil) in my brother’s stocking as a joke. My brother was genuinely insulted, and wanted to exact revenge the following year.

12. Meryl A Jan 4th 2017 at 03:20 am 12

Santa visits here. My husband goes upstairs Christmas Eve and his gifts magically appear under the tree and in his stocking.

We have 3 pairs of stockings up - the traditional red and white fuzzy ones with names in glitter, the pair he bought when the movie Santa Claus came out (for show - they look nice hanging) and the non-matching pair I embroidered - I would use them, but he says that they are also just for show.

When I saw the movie “The Desperate Hours” on TV my dad explained that the villains picked the family as the boy had left his bicycle outside and they knew the family had children and would do anything to protect them. Never left my bicycle out before and certainly not after that.

The community newspaper has an architect who has a column answering people’s questions. Last month was one of them was what to do when your (stupid) son nailed the nights to the roof and then pulled the nails and took them down and your roof leaks. I guess they should have called Nick.

13. DanV Jan 6th 2017 at 05:32 pm 13

My mother and father are 83 and 84, respectively. They decided a few years ago they really didn’t need much, and officially quit giving each other Christmas gifts. But every year Santa shows up and leaves something nice for my mom. Weird…