Eggnog Redux

Cidu Bill on Dec 19th 2016

cidu-dec19close-eggnog.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Christmas, Close to Home, Santa Claus, comic strips, comics, humor | 17 responses so far

17 Responses to “Eggnog Redux”

1. Kilby Dec 19th 2016 at 01:51 am 1

Next year, they will install a catapult to deliver fruitcakes.

2. woozy Dec 19th 2016 at 02:12 am 2

Except eggnog doesn’t come from (or to) Santa. I think it’s just “what if the politics of pipelines were reflected in the Santa story” and eggnog has something to do with Christmas so it’s got to have something to do with santa.

It’s the cartoonist who really doesn’t understand.

3. Cidu Bill Dec 19th 2016 at 02:14 am 3

Do reindeer deliver eggnog??

4. Mona Dec 19th 2016 at 03:57 am 4

I have never heard of Santa and/or the reindeer delivering eggnog.
    I like the idea of fruitcakes delivered by catapult.

5. James Pollock Dec 19th 2016 at 09:21 am 5

“Do reindeer deliver eggnog??”
    Not delivery. Fetching.
    Before the pipeline, the reindeer had to make frequent trips to replenish the supply used by the elvish toy factory. Now, they don’t have to make those trips any more. Of course, now there is the threat of environmental devastation caused by a pipeline spill…

6. Ian D Osmond Dec 19th 2016 at 12:33 pm 6

Important note: fruitcakes made fresh by people who actually know what they’re doing are delicious. Fruitcakes made in factories by companies that don’t care, and then stuck in storage for two years are inedible.

It’s like maraschino cherries, which, it turns out, are delicious, when they are candied marasca cherries soaked in maraschino liqueur, or grenadine when it’s made out of pomegranate juice and sugar and orange blossom water, or Turkish delight when it is made fresh (something I’ve only had once).

7. Scott Dec 19th 2016 at 04:54 pm 7

Kilby@1
    Next year, they will install a catapult to deliver fruitcakes.

No, no, no. I don’t want to go through that WMD thing again.
    My mother used to send me fruitcake from a good place every year - and one small slice was as much as I could stand.

8. Boise Ed Dec 19th 2016 at 08:29 pm 8

Mona [3]: DUCK!

9. woozy Dec 19th 2016 at 09:25 pm 9

Still… fruitcake are better than candy canes…

10. Mark in Boston Dec 19th 2016 at 09:52 pm 10

Eggnog is made from reindeer milk?

11. Mona Dec 19th 2016 at 10:08 pm 11

WABBIT!

12. Cidu Bill Dec 20th 2016 at 01:00 am 12

Woozy (#9), don’t dis candy canes!

13. Boise Ed Dec 20th 2016 at 02:26 am 13

I don’t much like either, but I’d easily take a candy cane over a fruitcake. The latter seem dangerous.

Mib [10]: It could be, I imagine. But the cost savings would be from delivery, not manufacturing.

14. Kamino Neko Dec 20th 2016 at 10:22 am 14

15. woozy Dec 20th 2016 at 07:37 pm 15

I only dis candy canes because I know you like them. Which I find interesting. I’ve never met anyone who either likes or dislikes candy canes before. In fact, I’m not sure I’ve ever seen an adult attempt to eat one.

16. DanV Jan 5th 2017 at 11:35 am 16

Candy canes make a great stir stick for hot chocolate.

17. Kilby Jan 5th 2017 at 02:22 pm 17

I don’t think I have ever run into a peppermint flavor candy cane in Germany, they are all just plain sugar sticks (but with the same red spiral stripe design). Our kids were very unpleasantly surprised the first time they ran into an American candy cane.