Kevin and Kell and Arlo?

Cidu Bill on Oct 29th 2016

hairball.jpg

Several people asked me whether this strip can have an reasonable non-Arlo meaning.

(Anybody who doesn’t follow this strip, just move along)

Filed in Arlo Award, Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, Bill Holbrook, Kevin and Kell, comic strips, comics, humor | 22 responses so far

22 Responses to “Kevin and Kell and Arlo?”

1. Kamino Neko Oct 29th 2016 at 11:41 am 1

I dunno, calling this an arlo is kind of setting the bar low. Are hickeys arlo for human characters? This doesn’t require anything more untoward than that.

2. Kevin A Oct 29th 2016 at 12:07 pm 2

In the real world of furry rabbits, she wouldn’t be able to do that, so I had the thought that it’s a sympathy ejection, like sympathy pains, out of her love for him. A very nice benefit, I think. Aww..

3. guero Oct 29th 2016 at 02:29 pm 3

Okay, there is this web comic called OGLAF that is VERY NSFW (so much so that I am not even going to link to it), but it did this joke just last week. It wouldn’t qualify as an Arlo, though, since it was pretty blatant. Missed being a synchronicity by that much!

4. R2T Oct 29th 2016 at 02:38 pm 4

Oglaf is pretty good as long as you dont mind sex and nudity in a comic.Its pretty funny even if it is raunchy at times.

5. Kilby Oct 29th 2016 at 03:38 pm 5

@ guero (3) - Yes, it was a hairball joke, but no, it was not this hairball joke.

6. James Pollock Oct 29th 2016 at 04:25 pm 6

“Oglaf is pretty good as long as you dont mind sex and nudity in a comic.”
    More specifically, you have to have a tolerance for sex that is different from the kind YOU have. Because you’re going to run into all kinds if you read the thing.

7. Irene Oct 29th 2016 at 08:54 pm 7

How many people will admit to typing OGLAF in the search bar?

8. Grawlix Oct 29th 2016 at 10:16 pm 8

@#7 I haven’t…yet.

9. Treesong Oct 29th 2016 at 10:50 pm 9

I prefer my explanation–overenthusiastic French kissing–because I don’t see a hickey producing that much swallowed fur.

10. John Small Berries Oct 29th 2016 at 10:58 pm 10

Not me, Irene. But only because it’s been one of my favorite comics for years now.

11. Kamino Neko Oct 29th 2016 at 11:12 pm 11

Treesong - why do you think his open muzzle would present more fur than his mane?

12. Freezer Oct 30th 2016 at 12:48 am 12

I have never typed OGLAF into my search history!

I learned about from The Belfry index and went from there to my RSS feed! Google not involved!

13. Freezer Oct 30th 2016 at 12:56 am 13

And frankly, outside of mutual grooming, I can’t think of any other act that would produce a hairball. And I don’t think a rabbit has the tongue for that.

14. yellojkt Oct 30th 2016 at 07:18 am 14

There’s an episode of Friends where Ross goes to his lesbian ex-wife’s apartment for some reason and she fishes a hair out of her mouth before answering the door.

15. Brian Oct 30th 2016 at 01:06 pm 15

The real question is - they are dressing up for Halloween and they thought that they could convince everyone that he was dressing up as himself? “Oh, yes, I am a mouse in a mouse constume, nothing suspicious going on here…”

16. Kamino Neko Oct 30th 2016 at 02:41 pm 16

Absolutely everything about their idea is ridiculous and doomed to failure…even if her dads hadn’t already known about him.

17. James Pollock Oct 30th 2016 at 04:22 pm 17

What’s so unusual about a mouse dressing up as a mouse for Halloween (um, in a universe where mouses dress and celebrate Halloween). Lots of humans dress up like humans…

Suggesting that a mouse dressed up like a mouse is dressing up as himself is, well, mousist. They don’t all look alike.

18. Mark in Boston Oct 30th 2016 at 09:52 pm 18

A lesbian fishing hair out of her mouth?

In the 1980’s, maybe, when women went natural.

Is “Friends” from the 1980’s? I’ve heard of it but never watched it.

19. Boise Ed Oct 31st 2016 at 02:04 am 19

James [17]: He’s actually a lion, and the couple fears that her parents wouldn’t approve of her dating a carnivore. Edgar’s actually a very poor predator, though.

20. James Pollock Oct 31st 2016 at 02:24 am 20

“He’s actually a lion”

Right.
    Now read comment 15, and then my comment at 17 again.

21. Meryl A Nov 2nd 2016 at 01:19 am 21

James Pollack - Well a mouse could dress as a mouse.

One of my teddy bears went to school and refused to wear a costume for the Halloween party. He won first prize for the best costume - as a bear. :-) (We have a rich imaginary life about the life of the teddy bears in my collection.)

22. James Pollock Nov 2nd 2016 at 03:57 am 22

“James Pollack - Well a mouse could dress as a mouse.”

That’s my point.

Famously, one year’s prize winning SF convention masquerade consisted of a pair of glasses that were all faceted like a fly’s eyes are. The costume was “alien imperfectly disguised as a human”.