Sunday Funnies: LOL, September 18, 2016 (Arlo edition)

Cidu Bill on Sep 18th 2016

cyanide-arlo.png

serious.PNG

Filed in Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Cyanide and Happiness, Scott Hilburn, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Sunday Funnies: LOL, September 18, 2016 (Arlo edition)”

1. Arthur Sep 18th 2016 at 03:19 am 1

I enjoyed both of these, but I don’t see why the Hilburn is Arloed.

2. Cidu Bill Sep 18th 2016 at 03:31 am 2

Language, Arthur. I lean toward the conservative when it comes to the Arlo Page.

3. Judge Mental Sep 18th 2016 at 09:24 am 3

My first reaction to the Kool-aid one was this that it would be funnier without the caption. Then I started thinking, “Hey I think I have seen this gag before”. Then I noticed Hilburn’s signature in the lower left-hand corner (and Bill’s tag) and realized this was an “Argyle Sweater” that someone felt compelled to add a caption that was totally not necessary.

I even started thinking we had this comic as a LOL before (without the caption). My memory might be a little off, because I couldn’t find that exact comic featured, but we have discussed Kool Aid man bursting through walls before and this exact comic was brought up:

http://comicsidontunderstand.com/wordpress/2010/05/09/lol-may-10/#comment-39036 (comment number 15)

The way the line begins with “that moment” should have been a dead give-away to me. It is an omnipresent meme these days.

4. mitch4 Sep 18th 2016 at 10:12 am 4

I’ve been more seeing the related form “TMW ” at the start of a sentence or remark, standing for “The moment when …”. Also ‘TFW’ with “feeling” substituted.

5. Cidu Bill Sep 18th 2016 at 04:05 pm 5

I’m pretty sure the original WAS a LOL some centuries ago; but the caption added another level to the comic.

That’s how it’s done, @#$% Squirrel.

6. Proginoskes Sep 18th 2016 at 07:13 pm 6

@ mitch4: Dan Perkins (”Tom Tomorrow”) is probably upset that that is the preferred interpretation of “TMW”. (He draws a cartoon called “This Modern World”.)

7. Mark in Boston Sep 18th 2016 at 09:45 pm 7

What, are the two expansions of TMW causing confusion in the marketplace?

8. Squirrel Antidefamation League Sep 18th 2016 at 11:44 pm 8

Total CIDU here, Bill. Wolfie seems to be buying into the Kool-Aid. He must be a Trump voter.

9. James Pollock Sep 19th 2016 at 12:39 am 9

“Total CIDU here, Bill. ”

Kool-Aid Man makes his entrance by breaking through solid walls. Oh, Yeah!

10. Kamino Neko Sep 19th 2016 at 02:38 am 10

Someone better tell Princess Carolyn that Vincent Adultman is cheating on her. >_>

11. Jason Sep 19th 2016 at 03:11 pm 11

Doesn’t someone inside have to yell “Hey, Kool-Aid Man” first?

12. Grawlix Sep 19th 2016 at 10:30 pm 12

The Kool-Aid mascot has been spoofed at least once on the stopmotion-animated sketch show “Robot Chicken”, so it’s still in the public eye.

13. Mona Sep 20th 2016 at 12:01 am 13

“And while I’m at it, that’s one strangely-drawn house. The bricks don’t make sense, and neither does the roof.”
    I’m quite impressed with the house. It must have been difficult to build seeing as how the pig has cloven hooves instead of hands.