Saturday Morning Arloy

Cidu Bill on Dec 5th 2015

arloy.png

Filed in Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, Cyanide and Happiness, comic strips, comics, humor, oy | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “Saturday Morning Arloy”

1. Mark in Boston Dec 5th 2015 at 02:00 am 1

Because he’s going to … avoid getting her pregnant?

Or is he going to do what Jerry’s friend did to Elaine on the date? https://youtu.be/hpwJE5DEk7U

2. Kilby Dec 5th 2015 at 02:33 am 2

This may not have been a CIDU for Bill, but it sure is for me. I see no humor. not even the “oy veh” variety, unless trying to fabricate a new type of term for “casting couch” is supposed to be funny.

P.S. It seems like 85% of the “humor” in that Seinfield clip @1 is simply that the actors have to dance around a word that the censors won’t let them say on TV. Let the lady say “dick” just once, and the entire skit would evaporate.

3. Kilby Dec 5th 2015 at 02:41 am 3

P.P.S. I remember a single line in Blazing Saddles (spoken by Cleavon Little) that was more funny than that entire clip: “Pardon me while I whip this out.

4. Fluffy Bunny Slippers Dec 5th 2015 at 04:27 am 4

Does he call it the pull out couch cause he doesn’t wanna stain the cushions when he sleeps with it?

5. Ooten Aboot Dec 5th 2015 at 08:02 am 5

Pulling it out has more than one meaning. Maybe he can’t be good good, but he’s always careful.

If that’s the explanation, this cartoon may be in the running for Super Geezer Reference of the Year.

6. Daniel J. Drazen Dec 5th 2015 at 08:28 am 6

“This is my bed. This is my bed here in the basement of my parent’s house. Do I have to spell ‘loser’ for you?”

7. Terry Dec 5th 2015 at 11:39 am 7

What do you call pull-outers, or out-pullers? Fathers.

8. Boise Ed Dec 5th 2015 at 02:22 pm 8

Ooten, what does that have to do with geezers? Do kids today never pull it out?

9. Mark in Boston Dec 5th 2015 at 11:30 pm 9

Speaking of geezers (like me), I remember an anti-war graffito from the early 1970’s:

“Nixon, pull out like your father should have.”

10. Ooten Aboot Dec 7th 2015 at 02:40 am 10

Boise Ed (#8), I wouldn’t know what kids today do. I bow to the no doubt superior knowledge of Terry (#7) but I would have thought that “being careful” in the sense in which that expression was used 50 years ago and more had been made obsolete by more modern and effective measures.

11. Kilby Dec 7th 2015 at 05:51 am 11

@ Boise Ed (8) - “Clink!” (the penny just dropped.) If you had made that comment sooner, I would have gotten the joke before I posted @2. (But then I would have been railing against disgusting rather than nonsensical humor. At least the woman in the cartoon agrees with me.)

12. James Pollock Dec 7th 2015 at 09:00 am 12

The counterpoint to #7:
    Q: What do you call women who rely on the rhythm method of birth control?
    A: Mothers