Whiff

Cidu Bill on Sep 22nd 2015

coffee-bound.gif
I don’t drink coffee, but it’s my understanding that coffee prices have dropped recently. Maybe not so much at Starbucks, but still…

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bound and Gagged, CIDU, Ziggy, Zimbabwe, Zits, Zorro, comic strips, comics, humor, zombies | 16 responses so far

16 Responses to “Whiff”

1. Kilby Sep 22nd 2015 at 12:20 am 1

Some people who don’t even drink coffee really like the smell, but not everyone who goes for a “sniff hit” maintains a hygienic distance from the container. This store is pandering to exactly that sort of sniveling slob.

2. Proginoskes Sep 22nd 2015 at 01:30 am 2

Pffft. Jimmy John’s let you smell for FREE.

3. Meryl A Sep 22nd 2015 at 02:12 am 3

Coffee smells better than it tastes.

4. Judge Mental Sep 22nd 2015 at 08:44 am 4

Not that it is germane to the comic, nor does anyone probably care, but I find the smell of coffee the most repugnant odor on the face of the earth. Worse than excrement, worse than skunk, just the worst. Regrettably, even though I love bookstores, these days I sometimes I have to immediately do a u-turn upon walking through the front door.

5. Kamino Neko Sep 22nd 2015 at 08:48 am 5

What’s with the plethora of unrelated Z tags?

6. tygalilee Sep 22nd 2015 at 09:52 am 6

@JudgeMental - that’s a terrible existence to lead, and I DO care about your disability (to enjoy awesome things). I’ve read some really sad stuff online this week, but this…well this just really makes me count my blessings. LOL:-)

7. R2T Sep 22nd 2015 at 11:19 am 7

@judgemental aww that must be annpying if you have that much an aversion to the smell of coffee .I actually have the opposite situation to a degree.I love the smell of coffee but I can only drink it with lots of milk and sweetner.I cant stand black coffee at all.

8. Wendy Sep 22nd 2015 at 02:37 pm 8

@JudgeMental - While my level of dislike is not nearly as strong as yours, I have never understood what others see (smell?) in coffee aroma. I don’t like it at all, and while I can usually ignore it in bookstores, the little coffee bean shops in the mall and the coffee aisle at the grocery store (if they sell bulk beans) are places to avoid like the plague!

9. Boise Ed Sep 22nd 2015 at 02:47 pm 9

Kilby [1]: Sniveling is fine; sniffling, not so much!

Ah, Judge Mental [4] and Wendy [7], I’m with you completely. It reeks. When my wife cranks up the coffeemaker, I can’t stand being in the kitchen. But then, she would probably feel likewise if I were to resume home-brewing beer. I used to love the way it made the house smell.

10. Mark in Boston Sep 22nd 2015 at 10:01 pm 10

Changes in the wholesale price of coffee have little or no effect on Starbucks prices. The cost of the coffee is a minuscule portion of the company’s expenses.

11. jjmcgaffey Sep 23rd 2015 at 01:15 am 11

Huh. I quite like the smell of coffee, at a distance (coffee beans, not so much the brewed stuff). I can’t tolerate the taste - even coffee ice cream tastes horrible to me, so adding sugar and milk (as so many coffee addicts suggest) wouldn’t help. But the smell is quite tolerable - much better than tar, which is my horror-smell. I quite like skunk, too, at a distance (a greater distance than coffee beans!).

The stores I can’t tolerate are the toiletries ones - Crabtree & Evelyn, The Body Shop(pe?), etc. Perfume and all the stinky stuff they put into soaps. Laundry aisles are almost as bad.

12. Dr. Shrinker Sep 23rd 2015 at 11:09 am 12

Any answers to Kamino Neko’s question (#5)?

13. Mark in Boston Sep 23rd 2015 at 11:05 pm 13

Skunk smells good at a distance, like garlic.

Kind of loses its good qualities when you get really close.

14. Tom Sep 24th 2015 at 01:38 am 14

Kamino Neko #5/Dr. Shrinker #12

Bill was falling asleep? zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

15. pepperjackcandy Sep 24th 2015 at 04:58 am 15

For me, the smells of brewed coffee and coffee beans are totally different. I like the smell of coffee beans. Brewed coffee, however, tends to have a nasty smell to me. The first time my dad made coffee after moving in with me, I thought it was the litter box.

I guess it’s for the best that my marriage ended at just about the same time as my now-ex-husband developed his coffee habit.

16. Meryl A Sep 29th 2015 at 03:05 am 16

A bit related - we did a craft show in a mall where we were located near the cookie booth. When they were baking in their morning we did not smell it all, but once the mall opened and the customers were coming all of a sudden the cookie smell arrived - apparently it is a scent that they have spraying out of something.