Syncdronicity

Cidu Bill on Sep 18th 2015

pizza1.png

pizza2.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bound and Gagged, Dana Summers, Jeph Jacques, Questionable Content, comic strips, comics, humor, synchronicity | 23 responses so far

23 Responses to “Syncdronicity”

1. Ian Osmond Sep 18th 2015 at 06:53 pm 1

To be fair, Hanners’s dad isn’t using drones to deliver pizza; he’s using orbital bombardment. From his space station. Because Hannalore’s father has a space station. Named “Station”. Because Hannalore named it, during a period when she was being very literal.

2. mitch4 Sep 18th 2015 at 08:11 pm 2

I regret to say I feel at home with the QC family almost as much as Ian seems to. (Though I guess it has moved from my check-daily to my review-weekly list.)

3. Kilby Sep 18th 2015 at 10:53 pm 3

I demoted QC from my daily to my weekly list quite a while ago, but I recently offloaded it to my “occasional” archive, until the “piercing” sequence convinced me to delete the link entirely.

4. squeepy Sep 19th 2015 at 12:17 am 4

Have you been following Alice Grove? It’s intriguing.

5. Chakolate Sep 19th 2015 at 01:49 am 5

Ooh, squeepy, thanks for that. It does look intriguing.

6. MinorAnnoyance Sep 19th 2015 at 03:05 am 6

For #2:
    “Please tell me that was the Pizza Hut drone and not the Free Kittens drone.”

Okay, it’s late and I’m punchy.

7. Mitch4 Sep 19th 2015 at 08:49 am 7

Yeah, Alice Grove has been intriguing. (This seems to be my grumbly-weekend moment, however.) I can’t say they’ve convincingly adapted Tumblr into a decent comics-presentation interface.

8. Ian Osmond Sep 19th 2015 at 10:23 am 8

Kilby — when you know people who lived in Northampton, the whole thing just feels homey and familiar.

Yes, adding AIs, battle robots, space stations, and so forth doesn’t actually make a significant amount of difference to the feel of the Five Colleges area…

9. Carolyn Sep 19th 2015 at 11:19 am 9

The first one confuses me, maybe you need to know the comic? I love the Five Colleges area, having gone to one and taking the tours this summer with my HS senior.

10. Mona Sep 19th 2015 at 12:44 pm 10

MinorAnnoyance
    For #2:
    “Please tell me that was the Pizza Hut drone and not the Free Kittens drone.”
    OR,
    “As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!”
    Okay, it’s early and I haven’t had my tea yet.

11. zookeeper Sep 19th 2015 at 05:53 pm 11

Yay Mona, thanks for my laugh of the day.

12. Mona Sep 19th 2015 at 06:45 pm 12

zookeeper, you’re welcome! But MinorAnnoyance has to get credit for making me think of it.

13. MinorAnnoyance Sep 19th 2015 at 07:15 pm 13

I bow to Mona’s inspired pop culture reference.

14. Kamino Neko Sep 19th 2015 at 09:17 pm 14

Carolyn…I can’t figure out what would be confusing in the QC comic?

15. Boise Ed Sep 20th 2015 at 02:09 am 15

IMO, the Bound and Gagged is the more impressive gag. It’s probably even prescient, with Amazon’s announced plans to use drone delivery.

16. Ian Osmond Sep 20th 2015 at 02:46 am 16

Kamino Neko — I think it would help to know that Hannalore is holding a device that her father build which drops pizzas to her from his space station. If you don’t know that her father is a kindly insane inventor who has a space station, I think it would be hard to understand.

17. Kamino Neko Sep 20th 2015 at 04:13 am 17

But she says the important part (’orbital pizza beacon’) in the first panel. The rest of that is trivia irrelevant to this strip.

18. Ian Osmond Sep 20th 2015 at 10:09 am 18

Kamono Neko: yeah, maybe. But I do think that the joke ALSO works because of the image of the roof of Coffee of Doom with the impact craters from the previous attempts at pizza delivery…

… hunh. I just realized what the real interesting conflict is that this storyline sets up: what will this do to Pizza Girl?

19. James Pollock Sep 20th 2015 at 12:25 pm 19

Should it be ominous that all three characters in the first comic’s final panel appear to be standing in round shadows?

20. Meryl A Sep 22nd 2015 at 02:45 am 20

Yes. I figured she was somehow going to send a message to a pizza place (on earth) to send her a pie as I didn’t know the strip.

21. Dave in Boston Sep 22nd 2015 at 02:57 am 21

How many years has it been since Pizza Girl last appeared?

22. mitch4 Sep 22nd 2015 at 05:07 pm 22

Well, Pizza Girl may not be so relevant, but it was not so long ago that Dale was delivering pizzas, was it?

23. Dave in Boston Sep 23rd 2015 at 12:00 am 23

That is true. On the other hand, after sleeping on it, I vaguely recall a promise not that far back that Pizza Girl wasn’t gone for good. I guess we’ll see…