Tip [ARLO]

Cidu Bill on Jul 9th 2015

july8-cidu-arlo.png

Filed in Arlo Page, CIDU, Cyanide and Happiness, comic strips, comics, humor | 20 responses so far

20 Responses to “Tip [ARLO]”

1. Ron Jul 9th 2015 at 10:29 pm 1

Well, he did say just the tip. It’s a head-on shot of the tip, not
    a profile. What you’re seeing is the comic strip version of the
    urethra surrounded by flesh.

2. Kamino Neko Jul 9th 2015 at 11:39 pm 2

From the colouring, he’s uncut.

3. The Bad Seed Jul 10th 2015 at 12:25 am 3

@Kamino Neko #2: Um… I hate to be dense, but how does the coloring/colouring indicate that he’s uncut? Not to over-share, but the ones I’ve seen - both circumcised and uncircumcised - come in all variations and combinations of colors. Did you mean the shape of the opening, which could just be a result of lack of detail?

4. Mona Jul 10th 2015 at 01:08 am 4

I dunno, methinks Kamino Nero knows something we don’t.

5. feuerstein Jul 10th 2015 at 01:27 am 5

This comic is known for its subtle use of color and shading. ^

6. Kamino Neko Jul 10th 2015 at 03:01 am 6

I’ve never seen a penis head that was the same colour as the skin (outside of lazily coloured comics not bothering to make the head a shade or two darker or more purply, than the shaft - not what’s happening here, since it’s not showing the shaft).

7. Mona Jul 10th 2015 at 03:38 am 7

Revisiting these postings, I have got to do something to turn off the stupid autocorect on this tablet!! (Kamino Nero? Just not right! So sorry.)
    True story: I used to be the Staff Accountant at the golf course just up the street. One of the “cart gals” (an attractive - and I do mean attractive, like the women in the Virgin Islands cartoon, no kidding - young woman who drove the beverage cart around the course selling beverages to the golfers) was named Dianna Wriggle. Great name. Red head. (Did I mention God shed his grace on her? For some reason, her sales were really good.) This was in the 1990s. My computer kept autocorrecting her name to Wiggle. Struck me as funny at the time. I always had to fix it. Apparently I’ve always been technologically challenged. And, sadly enough, I have usually been the technology expert where ever I worked.

8. Dan W Jul 10th 2015 at 07:24 am 8

My take on this is that since he’s more or less a stick figure (at least when it comes to extremities), his penis is just a single line. So, if you took a picture looking straight at the tip, you would just see a dot.

9. Kamino Neko Jul 10th 2015 at 07:38 am 9

Heh - Mona, I never even noticed you’d misspelt my name. Now I don’t know if I’m supposed to be a Roman or a Romulan. >_>

10. Daniel J. Drazen Jul 10th 2015 at 09:32 am 10

Maybe in the Cyanide universe, but the business end of a human penis is a slit rather like a vagina. Now THAT would be a Cyanide-worthy moment!

11. John Small Berries Jul 10th 2015 at 10:55 am 11

In the real world, heads aren’t spherical, eyes aren’t simply black circles, and people have noses.

So quibbling about the anatomical accuracy of C&H figures’ genitals seems… unnecessarily pedantic.

12. feuerstein Jul 10th 2015 at 11:35 am 12

Mona, if it’s an apple, “Settings” / “General” / “International”.

John, so you’re saying this comic is not only known for its subtle use of color and shading, but also for the technical detail in the drawings?

13. feuerstein Jul 10th 2015 at 11:56 am 13

Oops, “Settings” / “General” / “Keyboard”.

I blame autocorrect…

14. John Small Berries Jul 10th 2015 at 11:59 am 14

feuerstein: No, I’m saying that quibbling about the anatomical accuracy of C&H characters’ genitals makes as much sense as getting upset about the historical inaccuracies in Pocohontas, which features a talking tree.

15. Pinny Jul 10th 2015 at 05:14 pm 15

The black dot on the phone looks exactly like the black dots used to represent the characters’ eyes. Maybe the cartoonist was going for “the ol’ one eye”.

16. Mark in Boston Jul 10th 2015 at 11:39 pm 16

In some men, the meatus (black dot in the picture) actually is open like that, when the organ is erect.

17. MinorAnnoyance Jul 11th 2015 at 12:55 am 17

What if Wenzel and the C&H artists traded gags?

18. Meryl A Jul 11th 2015 at 02:40 am 18

John Small Berries (14) - as well as all the other fictions in it - trust Disney to rewrite the story.

19. Mark M Jul 12th 2015 at 10:04 pm 19

It’s his navel. He misjudged his size.

20. Kilby Aug 4th 2015 at 04:27 am 20

@ JSB (14) - Thanks for the tip about the talking tree, now I can delete that movie off the list of “possibles” for my kids.