Keys

Cidu Bill on Jun 8th 2015

keys.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bound and Gagged, CIDU, comic strips, comics, humor | 8 responses so far

8 Responses to “Keys”

1. Jeff Lichtman Jun 8th 2015 at 03:22 pm 1

He moved the piano, but not all in one piece.

2. John Small Berries Jun 8th 2015 at 03:30 pm 2

Well, I know what the answer would be if the piano were in five easy pieces.

3. Mona Jun 8th 2015 at 03:45 pm 3

Very good, John SB!

4. Mark in Boston Jun 8th 2015 at 05:17 pm 4

It was probably an old piano with ivory keys that he imported from Europe. There are serious regulations on the importation of ivory that can make it difficult to do this, and often it is just more practical to strip off the ivory before shipping and replace it with plastic when you get the piano. So that’s what he did. The piano movers brought him the new key caps.

5. Boise Ed Jun 9th 2015 at 06:01 am 5

Geez, Mark, that actually sounds believable, like some of the stories on Wait, Wait, Don’t Tell Me.

6. mitch4 Jun 9th 2015 at 08:37 am 6

In a way this is spoiled by the Piano Movers sign. A general-purpose “two guys and a truck” local moving company could conceivably not understand how keys are integral to a piano; an actual piano mover could not possibly be that inexperienced.

7. Morris Keesan Jun 9th 2015 at 12:04 pm 7

Not particularly in response to the comic, but just a “that makes me think of …” moment. We have, in the Boston area, a moving company called “Deathwish Piano Movers”; I’ve always been amused by their name. Also in the area is Harmonium Movers; they thought I was a crank caller when I contacted them about thirty years ago, asking them to move my harmonium.

8. John Small Berries Jun 9th 2015 at 01:59 pm 8

Morris, when you cleared up the misunderstanding, did they actually move it for you?

(None of the movers in my area will touch pianos or reed organs; when I bought a parlor organ from an antique store, I called every mover in the phone book to try and get it home, but to no avail.)