Any non-Arlo explanation for this Arlo?

Cidu Bill on May 7th 2014

arlo-tooth.gif

Filed in Arlo Award, Arlo Page, Arlo and Janis, Bill Bickel, Jimmy Johnson, comic strips, comics, humor | 19 responses so far

19 Responses to “Any non-Arlo explanation for this Arlo?”

1. billybob May 7th 2014 at 04:40 pm 1

Ears, nose, fingers, toes. She could be talking about naughty bits, or “aughty bits.”

2. Mary Ellen May 7th 2014 at 04:49 pm 2

Ludwig gave Arlo a love-bite. Janice is reminding Arlo that he’s gotten a little overzealous with the love-bites himself. (Hopefully with HER, and not with the cat.)

3. Judge Mental May 7th 2014 at 05:03 pm 3

@Mary Ellen #2. You might want to check out the FAQ and Arlo Page. Your explanation, is indeed spot-on, but is the “Arlo explanation” (an “Arlo award” being given where the author was able to get a risque comic past the syndicate).

Bill asked if there was a “non-Arlo explanation” for this one and I can’t see one.

4. James Pollock May 7th 2014 at 06:10 pm 4

This comic combined with the immediately previous A&J strip featured here to show clearly that Arlo occasionally bites while in the throes of a nightmare.

5. Wendy May 7th 2014 at 09:36 pm 5

Even just a hickey (on the neck) can count as tooth marks, and I certainly wouldn’t call that “arlo”.

6. mitch4 May 7th 2014 at 10:08 pm 6

Makes it hard to credit Bill’s protestations that he doesn’t have a cat and doesn’t grok cat culture. This is the epitome of Aaawwww.

7. Mona May 7th 2014 at 11:18 pm 7

Sometimes Mama Kitty will lick my forehead and then pull my hair when she thinks it is time for me to get up and feed her in the morning.

8. DemetriosX May 8th 2014 at 06:37 am 8

Yeah, you pretty much have to go out of your way to find a non-Arlo explanation for this one. But I thought it was pretty funny, too. Definitely an Arlol for me.

9. Elyrest May 8th 2014 at 11:50 am 9

mitch4 - I think that Bill has posted enough cat comics, that were easily explained by any one of us that has a cat, that he has absorbed a bit of cat knowledge. When my cat is in the throes of a wave of affection she will wrap her front paws, sheathed, around my arm and put her mouth gently on my hand and just touch me with her teeth and then give a quick lick. I then make pretty noises to her.

10. Seth May 8th 2014 at 03:04 pm 10

Same as what Wendy said, nibbling an ear a little too harshly would also count and not be very “arlo”.

11. Mary Ellen May 8th 2014 at 03:24 pm 11

I know what the Arlo thing means, Judge Mental. I’m not new here. Like Seth and Wendy said, a love-bite isn’t automatically an Arlo situation!

12. Jerry May 8th 2014 at 04:49 pm 12

While Seth, Wendy and Mary Ellen are quite reasonable in their suppositions, and possibly correct, I can’t imagine Jimmy Johnson didn’t think we weren’t all going to go “there.” Arlo’s that much funnier because we expect the innuendo. It’s probably not a nip on the neck.

13. Sue May 8th 2014 at 09:41 pm 13

I laughed out load when I got to the third panel because that is such a cat thing and because of Arlo’s expression. When I got to the fourth panel I knew it would show up here.

14. Mark d May 8th 2014 at 10:58 pm 14

Reminds me of the relation between the real Hooters and the recent CIDU Hooters nose cartoon. Arlo’s nose is Hooters for Ludwig.

15. James Pollock May 9th 2014 at 02:35 am 15

Note that this behavior can (and should) be trained out of domestic cats.

16. Mona May 9th 2014 at 03:12 pm 16

Elyrest @#9, you make me smile!

17. Elyrest May 9th 2014 at 09:03 pm 17

Mona - I thank you, and so does my cat.

18. Brian Leahy May 17th 2014 at 03:23 pm 18

For cats, snuggling with people feels a lot like cuddling up to their mothers to nurse. When they’re feeling really affectionate, they have an impulse to latch onto you, orally. It’s not meant as hostile, but it can be painful.

19. mitch4 May 17th 2014 at 04:49 pm 19

I had a cat who liked to push her head into my (clothed) armpit and try to nurse. She always left my shirt pretty wet.