Sunday Funnies: LOL, December 29, 2013

Cidu Bill on Dec 29th 2013

sackbrew.giflol-nynye.PNG Morris Keesan:nsa.png
After-comic: “If you’ve done nothing wrong, you don’t need the first part of the joke”

Filed in Bill Bickel, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, John Deering, New Year's Eve, New Yorker, Strange Brew, YouTube, Zorro, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 11 responses so far

11 Responses to “Sunday Funnies: LOL, December 29, 2013”

1. Jeff S. Dec 29th 2013 at 01:29 am 1

Rocko needs to tip-toe as he leaves, as well.

2. DemetriosX Dec 29th 2013 at 07:55 am 2

It took me forever to get the New Yorker cartoon. I finally realized the guy was holding a pocket watch so he could hang up the new calendar at midnight. The way his index finger is extended it doesn’t look like part of his body, but rather like it’s attached to the object he’s holding.

3. Keera Dec 29th 2013 at 08:31 am 3

Yeah, I had to enlarge and study the New Yorker cartoon, but once I got it, I realized that’s how I’ll be celebrating New Year’s Eve, too. Heh.

4. Jeff S. Dec 29th 2013 at 09:26 am 4

I have to agree on the New Yorker one as well. It looked like he was holding an open padlock, until I realized it was a stopwatch and his finger.

5. Mark Jackson Dec 29th 2013 at 11:18 am 5

There’s the problem with the Ziegler - the extended index finger makes it look like he’s ready to use a stopwatch, but the presumed premise of the joke (swap calendars exactly at midnight) requires a regular watch.

Maybe he’s waiting for bells (or another audible signal at midnight) and the stopwatch is so he can see if he can beat the calendar-swapping record he set in 2005.

6. Mark d Dec 29th 2013 at 04:15 pm 6

By using a stopwatch he thinks he can officially end the old year calendar and officially start the new year calendar.

7. Todd Dec 29th 2013 at 04:45 pm 7

That’s his finger? It took me a while to figure out he was staring at a watch, waiting for it to hit midnight, but I couldn’t figure out what the thing that looked like a finger, but in no way could be attached to his hand. Unless he ran into the middle guy from the first comic early in the day.

I might have thought the new year comic was funny, if I had immediately understood it, but I just didn’t find the other two even remotely humorous. Especially the SMBC.

8. Joseph K. Dec 29th 2013 at 08:23 pm 8

Who’s going to be responsible for the funny sound effects during the robbery, like the “dink, dink, dink” as they’re tiptoeing away?

9. Treesong Dec 29th 2013 at 10:05 pm 9

Incidentally, did you get caught up this week, week, Bill, or are you going to save it for a New Year’s resolution?

10. Gary Dec 30th 2013 at 11:58 am 10

Rocko’s comically large sack will, of course, have a large dollar sign printed on it.

11. Meli Jan 2nd 2014 at 12:48 pm 11