WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (12505) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Jimmy Johnson thought ”You know what I’d really like for Christmas? To be on the CIDU page.”

on Dec 25th 2013

Merry Christmas, Jimmy!

dirtysanta.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (12505) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (12505) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 18 responses so far

18 Responses to “Jimmy Johnson thought ”You know what I’d really like for Christmas? To be on the CIDU page.””

1. minorannoyance Dec 25th 2013 at 03:25 pm 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“Dirty Santa” turns out to be one more gift-trading game:

Arlo either covets one of Janis’s presents or he has a more Arloesque idea of what “Dirty Santa” is.

2. Brent Dec 25th 2013 at 03:35 pm 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

My take is that Arlo suggested playing “Dirty Santa” for a little frisky roleplay, but Janis is taking it to be the gift exchange system. So when she suggests “more than two”, it clashes with Arlo’s idea in that Arloesque way.

3. Jeff Lichtman Dec 25th 2013 at 04:58 pm 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

To add to Brent’s explanation. Arlo thinks she’s hinting at a threesome.

4. Judge Mental Dec 26th 2013 at 01:38 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

My take was the same as Brent’s#2. Certainly if one isn’t familiar with the “Dirty Santa” gift exchange game, this would indeed be a CIDU.

5. Detcord Dec 26th 2013 at 04:21 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

This was certainly a CIDU for me. Brent’s response seemed the most logical deduction. I looked up “dirty Santa” on the web and noted it is no different from secret Santa.

After that, the urban dictionary gives a twist to secret Santa. Here, they define “dirty Santa” as a “gift-giving game whereby participants are able to select a gift from the pool but run the risk of having it stolen if another participant on their subsequent selection turn decides they want it!”

The site has other, more risque, explanations but they are far too gross and raunchy to repeat here.

6. Usual John Dec 26th 2013 at 06:33 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The odd thing about this strip is that it only works if (a) the reader knows what “Dirty Santa” means and (b) Arlo might reasonably be expected not to know what it means.

7. Detcord Dec 26th 2013 at 09:35 am 7

Unusual John (6)

I had not heard of “dirty Santa” until I saw Jimmy Johnson’s Christmas toon. I did not think more of it - save as an obtuse reference - until it was posted here. Then I went looking. Kinda wish I hadn’t as some of the references were…, well, see item 5.

8. yellojkt Dec 26th 2013 at 10:17 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

At least they aren’t playing Dirty Sanchez.

9. Ian Osmond Dec 26th 2013 at 10:25 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

So Dirty Santa is more or less like a Yankee Swap?

10. yellojkt Dec 26th 2013 at 10:44 am 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

In my area, it’s called a White Elephant exchange. Sometimes done at a holiday party after Christmas.

11. The Bad Seed Dec 26th 2013 at 11:04 am 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I’ve played it, but never heard it called “Dirty Santa” (which is a little too close to “Dirty Sanchez” for my liking). BTW, I understand why people like the game, but it’s always resulted in some pretty hard feelings when I’ve seen it played, so I wouldn’t do it at one of my parties.

12. Mark B. Hanson Dec 26th 2013 at 12:15 pm 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Makes me wonder what Arlo got Janis that he wants for himself.

13. Todd Dec 26th 2013 at 02:54 pm 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

We call the stealing thing Greed. And I think White Elephant is what they call the table where the employees bring unwanted items in hopes someone else will buy them, the money going to charity.

14. Inkwell Dec 26th 2013 at 05:39 pm 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

We also call the gift-giving game White Elephant. It’s kinda crazy but pretty fun. I remember one game that had everybody trying to steal this jar of peanut butter. Never mind the cuter or more functional gifts.

15. Bob Dec 27th 2013 at 04:33 am 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

My wife’s family calls it “Naughty Santa.” (just played it yesterday with 14 people.) We use a modified version of the rules minorannoyance linked, where the gift is retired after the third person possesses it; otherwise the game could go on way too long.

16. Morris Keesan Dec 28th 2013 at 03:09 pm 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Dirty Santa: “Go ahead. Make my sleigh.”

17. Mark in Boston Dec 28th 2013 at 11:03 pm 17

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“Now I know what you’re thinking. Did he give me six presents, or only five?”

18. RobG Dec 31st 2013 at 08:45 am 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It’s a Yankee Swap around here, except that in our version, each person gets to open the present they picked before deciding if they want to switch with another player. Also, the first person always gets one last swap, so in terms of getting what you want, going first is best, followed by going last, then second-to-last, and so on.