The LOLs Before Christmas

Cidu Bill on Dec 22nd 2013

mark-lol.jpgmark-lol.jpgpre-christmaslol-santalist.png20121203.jpgoffthemarkxmaslol.jpglights1.gif

Filed in Arlo and Janis, Bill Bickel, Christmas, Comics That Made Us Laugh Out Loud, Cyanide and Happiness, Francesco Marciuliano, Head Case, Jimmy Johnson, Mark Parisi, Medium Large, Off the Mark, Peanuts, comic strips, comics, humor, lol | 13 responses so far

13 Responses to “The LOLs Before Christmas”

1. Carl Dec 22nd 2013 at 12:31 am 1

The Parisi is a CIDU for me.

2. Bob in Nashville Dec 22nd 2013 at 12:36 am 2

When was the “Head Trip?” That was a good one.

I’m with Arlo. I never stopped, either.

3. Marshal Dec 22nd 2013 at 12:41 am 3

“And he went down in history”

4. Arthur Dec 22nd 2013 at 01:41 am 4

Carl, there are 2 Parisi comics (3 if you count the duplicate twice).
    Marshal explained one. For the other, remember that those are PEANUTS characters.

5. Carl Dec 22nd 2013 at 03:52 am 5

Thanks. I got the Peanuts one (and therefore didn’t think about who wrote/drew it) but “down in history” just never occurred to me.

6. rundstyk Dec 22nd 2013 at 05:36 am 6

Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer has been translated to my language. Therefore it is practically never aired here in the original version, and thus I am thankful for the explanation from Bob in Nashville.

7. MellowCake Dec 22nd 2013 at 10:24 am 7

Does anyone use a nutcracker to open peanuts?

Plus peanuts are legumes.

Oh, nevermind…

8. mitch4 Dec 22nd 2013 at 11:01 am 8

Hunh. “Head Trip” used to be in my “check fairly regularly” list but dropped out at some point (maybe when it wasn’t being updated for months) and I forgot to put it back. Can a continuing reader tell me, is it still doing that “Emo Kid and Chemo Kid” storyline?

Speaking of a cartoon reappearing after months of no updates, there was recently a new Pink Parts!

9. Keera Dec 22nd 2013 at 12:36 pm 9

Rundstyk, what country are you from? Your name reminds me of the Norwegian word for bread roll. :-)

There is a Norwegian translation of “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” and in making sure I’d remember correctly, I discovered that the Norwegian wikipedia page outdid itself with the illustration: http://no.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_er_rød_på_nesen

10. Bob in Nashville Dec 22nd 2013 at 12:49 pm 10

mitch4 @ 8: Yeah. That gave way to a haitus for the strip while Ms. Bussell mentioned going through housing difficulty. Now, the comic is back up and running on a story arc in which Mal and her bf are in a new house.

rundstyk @ 6: I didn’t explain the Rudolph comic. I didn’t get it either and Marshal explained it in the next post after I wondered when the “Head Trip” was from and appreciated the A&J.

11. The Bad Seed Dec 23rd 2013 at 11:13 am 11

Keera #9, but “you’ll go down in history” is the type of idiom that would translate into a language totally differently, so the pun would be lost. They probably translate from the English “you’ll make history”, or maybe a whole different phrase that gives them Norwegian words that fit the meter of the song.

12. furrykef Dec 24th 2013 at 07:34 am 12

The Rudolph one took me a few seconds.

13. Meryl A Dec 26th 2013 at 03:54 am 13

Spying on kids - I object to the elf on the shelf as that is what he is doing, teaching kids that someone is spying on you.

Strangely our older Xmas lights last forever. It is always the year before’s lights that have gone bad. I have two older strands that have to be kept going as all of the ornaments that plug in and light up do not work with the newer strands (and I don’t mean LED). I keep one set working for the big tree and one small set working for the teddy’s tree.