What the @#$@#$ is he saying here?

Cidu Bill on Jul 8th 2013

I think it’s reasonable to assume all responses will fall into Arlo territory

wolverine.jpg

I honestly cannot think of any phrase in which “@#$@#$ the @#$@#$ off” makes any @$%&* sense.

Filed in Arlo Page, Bill Bickel, Wolverine, comic books | 15 responses so far

15 Responses to “What the @#$@#$ is he saying here?”

1. Karlos Jul 8th 2013 at 05:13 am 1

F–k the f–k off, maybe? It’s “F–k off” but more emphatic.

It’s the extra “$” on the second one that’s throwing me.

2. Kamino Neko Jul 8th 2013 at 06:10 am 2

‘Piss off’ can mean the same thing as ‘f*ck off’…it’s mostly a Britishism, but not unheard of in Canada, so he could be not repeating himself. (Though I don’t know that ‘piss’ really warrants the munging.)

3. Jeff S. Jul 8th 2013 at 06:41 am 3

“But you need to BACK the F–K off” makes sense, but I’m not sure what curse word he means instead of “BACK”. “the F–K” is added for emphasis, so the phrase is “’something’ off!”. I can only think of two phrases like that which would be cursing, and they have been mentioned above –

“Piss off” -> “Piss the F–K off”
    “F–K off” -> “F–K the F__K off”

4. Woodrowfan Jul 8th 2013 at 07:39 am 4

F**k the Hell off.

5. Usual John Jul 8th 2013 at 08:24 am 5

Either Karlos or Woodrowfan has it, I think.

6. Chakolate Jul 8th 2013 at 12:46 pm 6

But then is the exact same symbol sequence (except for the last) just a coincidence?

7. captainswift Jul 8th 2013 at 12:59 pm 7

Yeah, I don’t think the symbol sequence itself means anything. Notice it’s just repeating the same three symbols in the same order.

8. James Schend Jul 8th 2013 at 01:11 pm 8

Wolverine’s Canadian isn’t he? I can’t imagine anything a Canadian would say could fit into that box. ;)

9. John Small Berries Jul 8th 2013 at 04:24 pm 9

Good point, James Schend. Maybe he’s saying “tabarnac the câlisse off”.

10. Elyrest Jul 11th 2013 at 10:33 pm 10

Although I read, and loved, superhero comics as a kid I’m not a fan of the recent movies or graphic novels. I don’t hate them, I’m just not interested. I’d like to thank James Schend for his Wolverine education - I had no idea that Wolverine was Canadian. Makes sense as wolverines like colder climates.

11. Caio McCaioson Jul 12th 2013 at 09:37 pm 11

Do Americans not say “piss off”? It’s pretty common here in Canada, parts I’ve lived in anyway.

I thought Americans said “piss off”.

12. Elyrest Jul 13th 2013 at 12:11 am 12

Caio McCaioson - While I’m sure there are plenty of people in the U.S. who use “piss off” the way, I think, you mean it, it’s not as common as it is in Canada an the U.K. Here you’d more likely hear “f*ck off”. The words piss and f*ck aren’t interchangeable though in other phrases. “I’m pissed” and “I’m f*cked” don’t mean the same thing at all.

13. Top Jul 15th 2013 at 03:57 am 13

I agree with Karlos @1. Some people swear so much they don’t even realize they’re swearing. There’s a funny scene in “Midnight Run” where Robert de Niro says something like, “I got two words for you: shut the f*** up.”

14. chemgal Jul 16th 2013 at 01:47 am 14

@ 8 & 9 - this Canadian thanks you for the laugh. To be honest, it didn’t occur to me that “pissed off” was a swear until I inadvertently used it in front of a class of 13 year olds (because I was annoyed at a machine that kept requiring repair, not at them). They shared this fact with their French teacher, who informed them that it was “better to be pissed OFF than than pissed ON.”

15. Feuerstein Jul 17th 2013 at 06:32 pm 15

or maybe “you need to sacre the bleu off.”

maybe a canadien would say that…?