WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (12101) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Goodbye

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Goodbye

on Jul 8th 2013

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

cidu-zits-goodbye.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (12101) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (12101) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 7 responses so far

7 Responses to “Goodbye”

1. Miscreant Jul 8th 2013 at 02:03 am 1

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The busy social calendar of a teenager - arriving home just in time to go out again. In this case, he doesn’t even get through the door, just pops in to wave goodbye.

2. Jenn Jul 8th 2013 at 02:30 am 2

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Well, I’m just going to say I’m still as stumped as I was when I read this in the paper. Mysteries: Is Jeremy on the front porch or in another room? (The carpet would suggest another room.) Who is he talking to, friends or his parents? (I guess his parents, because of he “Don’t wait up” statement.) Is “It’s been a slice” a thing that people say now?

3. PeterW Jul 8th 2013 at 03:11 am 3

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I think teens said “it’s been a slice” for the space of about half an hour back in the 80s.

When I read it I came to the conclusion that Jeremy had just gotten home and started saying goodbye before leaving again. The dialogue suggests that he should be on the front porch, but that may be a communication issue between the writer and the artist.

4. James Pollock Jul 8th 2013 at 07:45 am 4

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Apparently, the Duncan house has an entryway that’s separated by a door from the living room. Thus, Jeremy comes in the front door, but it still behind a door from where the parents are sitting doing parenty stuff. They’re lucky they see him at all.

5. Keera Jul 8th 2013 at 12:34 pm 5

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Didn’t occur to me that anyone would think that’s a porch. Since I’ve been living in a temperate zone, I’m used to the front door opening into a hall, rather than the sub-tropical straight into the living room. And there are usually more doors in a home in temperate climate to help keep heat up rooms in the winter.

6. Elyrest Jul 11th 2013 at 10:41 pm 6

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Keera - It’s surprising how many homes in the northern U.S. have front doors that open right into the living room. The houses I grew up in all had hallways or foyers that the front door opened on to, but those were older homes. I’ve been house hunting recently and in almost all the homes built in the last 50 years, that I have seen, the front door is in the living room. Everyone uses the back or side door to come in and out.

7. jjmcgaffey Jul 12th 2013 at 05:24 pm 7

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_users' doesn't exist]
    SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

We had a house in Virginia built in the 40s or so. Brick, and just before the wartime development boom. It had a front door opening onto the living room - we remodeled things (in the 80s) so the living room was in the back, the front room was a dining room (and yes, we used it - my parents like to entertain), and the door opened onto a hallway running along one side of the dining room.

So - yeah. All kinds.