Saturday Morning Ewww - July 6, 2013

Andréa:

ewww-urinal.gif

Jon Delfin:

snt130703.jpg

Elyrest:

t-shirts.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Ewww, Mother Goose and Grimm, Sunny Street, Zits, comic strips, comics, humor | 27 responses so far

27 Responses to “Saturday Morning Ewww - July 6, 2013”

1. billybob Jul 6th 2013 at 02:51 am 1

Mother Goose walks her dog inside the boy’s bathroom?

2. Keera Jul 6th 2013 at 03:50 am 2

Billybob, dogs on elastic leashes tend to end up in places their owners aren’t. But the leash isn’t one of those, so maybe it’s Mother Goose who uses the boy’s bathroom? (Still ewww, then.)

The “Sunny Street” triggered bad childhood memories for me. The way girls bully other girls is exquisite evil. (All these fish look female to me because of the lips.)

‘Sokay, I’m a grown-up now, reading CIDU! My only issues are elastic dog leashes. ;-)

3. Inkwell Jul 6th 2013 at 06:27 am 3

I’ve always wondered what a urinal cake was, figured now was as good a time as any to look it up.

I have to say, I was expecting grosser. I mean, at least it’s deodorized.

4. Detcord Jul 6th 2013 at 06:58 am 4

What I’d like to know is how did that sponge soak up all the water? Does it compress the molecules or shift them to another dimension? I mean the fishbowl was full of water and the sponge easily fits in the bowl i.e. is much smaller than the bowl. So, where is it hiding the rest of the water? I think we should be told…

5. LarryLunts Jul 6th 2013 at 07:23 am 5

I think the Barf Bag Maggots are playing Los Angeles next weekend.

6. Bob Jul 6th 2013 at 08:40 am 6

It’s a “Super Sponge” - similar to Superman inhaling all the toxic gas from a room, but still leaving enough oxygen for people to breathe.

7. Powers Jul 6th 2013 at 10:04 am 7

So you’re okay with a fish opening a wrapped present underwater with his/her fins, but not with a sponge holding more water than its apparent volume would allow?

Also - those flies are quick if they’ve been attracted to rotting fish before the others have even finished laughing.

8. Molly J Jul 6th 2013 at 11:01 am 8

LOVED the Zits! That is so me and my son.

9. Boise Ed Jul 6th 2013 at 12:11 pm 9

Powers [7]: Sometimes the suspension of disbelief takes a mighty effort, not to mention some energetic hand-waving.

Bob [6]: One of my favorite cartoons of all time is exemplified here: http://blog.stackoverflow.com/wp-content/uploads/then-a-miracle-occurs-cartoon.png

10. Cidu Bill Jul 6th 2013 at 01:07 pm 10

Ed, wasn’t that a Far Side cartoon?

11. furrykef Jul 6th 2013 at 01:58 pm 11

A lot of people remember it as a Far Side cartoon, since it fits in perfectly with Larson’s style of humor, but I don’t think it ever was one.

12. Boise Ed Jul 6th 2013 at 02:06 pm 12

No, it’s Sidney Harris, a long-time New Yorker, American Scientist, and Hippocrates magazine cartoonist.

13. Cidu Bill Jul 6th 2013 at 02:57 pm 13

That’s kind of rough, having the most famous thing you’ve ever done generally attributed to somebody else.

14. Elyrest Jul 6th 2013 at 03:18 pm 14

Bill - I’m not disagreeing, but why would people think that cartoon is from Gary Larson? Not knocking Larson, but there were plenty of funny, and science oriented, cartoons around before he appeared.

15. igeek Jul 6th 2013 at 04:59 pm 15

Why are the urinals mounted on the outside wall of the Boys’ Room? (and what’s mom doing in there?)

16. Mike Jul 6th 2013 at 05:02 pm 16

For me, first one is an ewww, the other two are lol. I’m not even sure what’s supposed to be so eww about them.

17. Cidu Bill Jul 6th 2013 at 05:11 pm 17

Elyrest: the same reason so many quotations are mis-attributed to Mark Twain, Oscar Wilde and Winston Churchilll, I guess.

18. Elyrest Jul 6th 2013 at 05:13 pm 18

Mike - To me it was a combination of snot and maggots. Turns my stomach just a little bit.

19. Elyrest Jul 6th 2013 at 05:15 pm 19

Bill - Ah, that makes sense. If you are known to be bright and witty all bright and witty sayings are bound to be yours.

20. Lost in A**2 Jul 6th 2013 at 08:04 pm 20

I’m to lazy to track down the series, but “User Friendly” ran a week of one of the geeks giving personalised urinal cakes to his co-workers. And one of them eating the funny-tasting cookie.

21. The Bad Seed Jul 7th 2013 at 07:29 am 21

Oddly, I was checking out old pages of a blog this morning and came across a photo taken in a restroom that had “boys” written on the inside of the door, as in the Mother Goose comic above; however, it was inside a *women’s* room, and written backwards so that you could clearly read it when you saw it in the mirror while washing your hands. http://thebloggess.com/2013/05/im-never-taking-pictures-in-the-bathroom-again-probably/

22. Mark in Boston Jul 7th 2013 at 09:17 pm 22

Plenty of people’s most famous things are attributed to someone else. When I showed someone a Peter Max poster, she said, “Oh, I LOVE the Yellow Submarine!” Peter Max had nothing to do with the Yellow Submarine movie. Haydn’s Toy Symphony was most likely written by Leopold Mozart. Kurt Vonnegut did not write or deliver the “Use sunscreen” commencement address.

And there are plenty of people who hated their own most famous things. Rachmaninoff’s Prelude in C Sharp Minor. Ravel’s Bolero.

23. Jamie B Jul 7th 2013 at 11:34 pm 23

@Elyrest: And even if the humor in science-oriented comic strips can come across as similar, Larson’s visual style is pretty distinctive. There’s really no mistaking it. http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkjquf94JX1qju4dyo1_400.jpg

Then again, I grew up on Larson (among others), so… who knows.

24. Meryl A Jul 12th 2013 at 02:54 am 24

The Bad Seed -

A restaurant opened in the area after extensive work to make it nice inside. I went to the ladies room and it has a lovely piece of stained glass set in, with the word “women” written backwards, or actually the piece of stained glass is set in backwards. Husband’s 11 year old niece laughed hysterically when I showed it to her. They have never fixed it. They also have pieces of etched glass at the top of the section dividers and some of them are upside down (fish bubbles go down when they should go up).

25. Boise Ed Jul 12th 2013 at 01:51 pm 25

Meryl [24], I’m not sure whether the word for that is sad or bizarre. Why would someone go to all that expense and then let it stay wrong?

26. Cidu Bill Jul 12th 2013 at 02:02 pm 26

Ed, maybe they thought, once it was done, that it gave the place a bit of quirky charm. It made Meryl’s niece laugh, didn’t it?

27. Boise Ed Jul 12th 2013 at 04:11 pm 27

Yeah, but laughing AT and laughing WITH are different things.