Saturday Morning Ewww - May 11, 2013

Cidu Bill on May 11th 2013

Elyrest:

ewww-rubes-breakfast-elyrest.gif

Andréa sent this:

dogs-of-c-kennel.gif
with a notation that it references this

Filed in Dogs of C-Kennel, Ewww, Rubes, comic strips, comics, humor | 14 responses so far

14 Responses to “Saturday Morning Ewww - May 11, 2013”

1. MrKenneth May 11th 2013 at 12:21 am 1

Second Mamma Bird line is unnecessary

2. Keera May 11th 2013 at 05:23 am 2

… and the baby birds should have their beaks wide open in the 2nd panel. If you think about nature too much, it’s all eww.

Re 2nd cartoon: Where’s “here”, exactly?

3. ANDREA May 11th 2013 at 08:24 am 3

“Here” is a rescue place/humane society . . . dogs awaiting adoption, abandoned for various issues . . .

4. Jeff S. May 11th 2013 at 09:05 am 4

I haven’t seen a Vesicare ad in quite a while, however it seemed like they used to come on every commercial break. To me, the 2nd comic isn’t much of an Ewww, but more of a “Oh yeah… Hmm”

The first one however… Total Ewww! I do agree with MrKenneth though. The second panel isn’t really needed.

5. The Ploughman May 11th 2013 at 09:18 am 5

The second panel is what’s funny for me. Without it, it’s just another comics reminder that birds regurgitate meals for their young. The expression on Mama bird’s face in panel two (and her wing wedged down her beak) is pretty amusing. In fact, I would almost argue you could lose the first panel.

6. ANDREA May 11th 2013 at 09:24 am 6

watch ‘hot meals’ being served, live . . .http://www.phoebeallens.com/

7. Jeff S. May 11th 2013 at 09:59 am 7

Andrea, thanks for the awesome link!

8. ANDREA May 11th 2013 at 10:05 am 8

This is the third brood she’s had this year; the second one I’ve watched from hatching to fledging (should be happening today) . . . glad you enjoy it.

9. Dr. Shrinker May 11th 2013 at 11:33 am 9

What confused me about the Vesicare cartoon is that the mascot is a pipe MAN, not dog. Why he would be in the pound? And even if he is a pipe dog, why would frequent bladder urges get him sent to the pound, and not a veterinarian? And then, after considering all these issues, I had to pee.

p.s. Andrea, I was afraid to click your link. This is the internet, after all.

10. James Pollock May 11th 2013 at 01:34 pm 10

Animals often end up in the pound because they couldn’t be housebroken… they pee on things because they can’t wait to get to the outside. The dogs and the Vesicare mascot have the exact same problem.

11. Boise Ed May 11th 2013 at 03:23 pm 11

OH, yeah, I’ve seen that ad zip by on fast-forward. I was mildly curious about what it was advertising.

12. Keera May 12th 2013 at 08:07 am 12

Thanks, Andrea @3.

13. Jeff S. May 12th 2013 at 10:00 am 13

Andrea… The female (Shelly) fledged last night. Apparently a crow landed near the birds and Shelly took off. Here is a video — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDVijI9yrFQ

She takes off 6 seconds into it… ZIP! Gone!

14. Boise Ed May 12th 2013 at 02:37 pm 14

That was Shelly’s first flight? ZIP indeed! Thanks for the link, Jeff.