WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (11061) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » Sunday Funnies: LOL, April 28, 2013

Sunday Funnies: LOL, April 28, 2013

on Apr 28th 2013

lol-cell-bizarro.gif

lol-batman.gif

lol-silence.png

lol-speed-coverly-slinky.gif

dady-lol.gif

Molly:

lol-molly.gif

Janice:

bug-oof.png

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (11061) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (11061) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 31 responses so far

31 Responses to “Sunday Funnies: LOL, April 28, 2013”

1. Cidu Bill Apr 22nd 2013 at 05:28 pm 1

Regarding that final strip (Dark Side of the Horse):

My mother has never been known for her culinary skills. She makes a great BLT, but it’s pretty much downhill from there.

When my son was four, she asked him “What do you think is Grandma’s best dish?”and without skipping a beat he said “Take-out.”

2. The Vicar Apr 28th 2013 at 03:49 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

As pointed out elsewhere: the argument in SMBC proves that god is just as real as Batman.

3. furrykef Apr 28th 2013 at 05:24 am 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

While I can’t speak for him, I doubt Bill would appreciate the comments section devolving into a religious flame war.

4. AMC Apr 28th 2013 at 05:50 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Between those two extremes is a Congressman asking for a page number.

5. George P Apr 28th 2013 at 08:08 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I don’t get why people object to making a single trip from the car with groceries. If there is virtue in making multiple trips, then why stop there? Why not make a separate trip to the car for each item in each bag? Why not make separate trips to the store for each item?

6. Elyrest Apr 28th 2013 at 08:15 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

furrykef - Are you speaking for Bill or for God?

* If it’s for God - I’m still waiting for that pony.

7. Elyrest Apr 28th 2013 at 08:33 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

George P - People don’t object to making a single trip from the car with groceries. The problem is that a single trip works fine if you have just a few bags, but people try to carry so many bags at one time that they drop things, walk into objects, can’t open doors, and often hurt themselves. In the long run the one-trippers often use more time and energy than the multiple trippers.

* I am a one-tripper if at all possible.

8. mitch4 Apr 28th 2013 at 08:34 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

What a great Sunday-LOL collection!

Another “intermediate term” (cf. AMC #4) for the “cell number” could be monks at the refectory.

9. The Bad Seed Apr 28th 2013 at 10:46 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I wonder if other one-trippers like myself also rarely fill up their car’s gas tank before it’s as close to E as possible, and pride themselves on peeing only as often as absolutely necessary.

10. Judge Mental Apr 28th 2013 at 11:12 am 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Until I counted the hoof prints, I was wondering how that counted as 6 steps. As it is, that horse might have the smallest stride I have ever seen since Tim Conway’s old man shuffle (yes, a geezer reference in more ways than one)

11. God Apr 28th 2013 at 11:41 am 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

furrykef #3: I appreciate religious flame wars. Please continue.

12. Jeff S. Apr 28th 2013 at 12:25 pm 12

I don’t get the xkcd.

13. RyanE Apr 28th 2013 at 12:36 pm 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

One trip from the car counts as a low-rep, high-intensity workout.

Better for building lean body mass. :)

14. Steven Bergson Apr 28th 2013 at 01:13 pm 14

Jeff :

4′33″ is an obscure modern orchestral piece during which the conductor stands in front of the orchestra without motioning and te orchestra … well … they sit around NOT playing for a period of precisely 4 minutes and 33 seconds. You can watch the piece being performed (if you can call it that) on YouTube.

In this comic, no music sample has been provided, so the software matched it to the only “song” which consists of total silence.

15. mitch4 Apr 28th 2013 at 01:19 pm 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Jeff S., there is an allusion to the John Cage composition 4′33” in which the performer(s) do not make any sounds from their instrument(s). More info at wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4%E2%80%B233%E2%80%B3 supposing the punctuation does not get messed up. So the sound of this piece is in effect whatever sounds are occurring in the performance space.

The song identification app the cartoon character is using detects only ambient noise, and thinks this is a good match for the Cage composition.

16. Mike Apr 28th 2013 at 01:38 pm 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Did the slinky one really need the caption? it’s fine without it.

17. George P Apr 28th 2013 at 01:43 pm 17

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Only people who are poor at making one trip drop things or run into things and end up spending more time and energy. Those of us who do it well spend a little extra time picking things up, to get them in the optimum positions, but carry them without incident.

I don’t fill up my gas tank until there is not enough remaining fuel to get to my next destination. My car gives a running estimate of miles remaining, which makes this easier. It will also go at least five miles after the estimate hits zero.

How else can I set a personal record for most gallons in one fill (without topping off; that’s cheating)?

The exception is that I will sometimes fill up on the way home if I will not have enough gas to get to the first destination the next morning.

18. Keera Apr 28th 2013 at 01:45 pm 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The crash test dummy dad crashing his own car made me LOL.
    I’m a one-tripper by virtue of doing all my shopping with a personal shopping cart and no car. I don’t care how heavy it is - up the stairs I go.

19. Robert Apr 28th 2013 at 01:58 pm 19

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

As a child, I heard the one-trip method described as”the lazy man’s load”. Since my legs are stronger than my arms, multiple trips with less to carry are less of a problem. My sixteen year old son, by contrast, likes to demonstrate his upper body strength by carrying a bigger load.

20. Molly J Apr 28th 2013 at 03:38 pm 20

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I loved the Slinky one. Might have been more subtle without the caption, but I don’t think the caption hurt it any.

21. Jeff S. Apr 28th 2013 at 07:16 pm 21

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Although, a truly lazy slinky would just roll around, instead of moving the traditional way.

22. Wendy Apr 28th 2013 at 07:44 pm 22

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Maybe the slinky isn’t really lazy. Maybe it’s taking the elevator up so that it can go back down the stairs again.

23. Mark in Boston Apr 28th 2013 at 09:01 pm 23

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

On the flat part of Beacon Hill in Boston you get everything you can out of the car with one trip. Whether you do or not, when you get back to the car it’s empty.

24. Lost in A**2 Apr 28th 2013 at 10:18 pm 24

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Re xkcd: I liked the mouse-over text, which was along the lines of, “Every song ever recorded is John Cage’s 4:33 while another band is using the studio.”

25. Meryl A Apr 28th 2013 at 11:52 pm 25

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

In our house I am the one tripper, husband is the we’ll come back for the rest” one. I can carry 5 2 liter bottles of soda unbagged - he has trouble with 3 at a time. I can take the plastic shopping bags hanging from my arms, plus soda (not 5 with rest of stuff) and pick up the newspaper from its box on my way in. He takes one bag and forgets to hold the door open for me.

26. theironjef Apr 29th 2013 at 12:33 am 26

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Wait lemme ask why it’s funny. Is it because:

Hah hah rape becomes hilarious if orange jumpsuits

or

Ewwww gay people

because frankly either one is pretty reprehensible.

27. ANDREA Apr 29th 2013 at 08:21 am 27

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

RE: DARK SIDE OF THE HORSE . . . In 2010, I had some extra money so we thought we’d remodel the kitchen . . . got to be such a hassle, I bought a new car instead. My logic was that we can drive the car to a restaurant to eat, but we can’t do much in a kitchen except cook. Which neither of us does. House has been renovated/remodeled three times; kitchen, never. Maybe before we sell the house . . .

28. Mark in Boston Apr 29th 2013 at 05:27 pm 28

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Andrea, leave the kitchen as is when you sell the house. The buyer is going to remodel it anyway.

29. James Pollock May 1st 2013 at 06:25 pm 29

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“Hah hah rape becomes hilarious if orange jumpsuits”

Is it not fairly clearly labeled “wrong”?

30. mitch4 May 1st 2013 at 07:36 pm 30

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I just got Steven Bergson’s #14 in my email feed, presumably because it was held in moderation and just released. (Though there’s no obvious moderation trigger?)

However, that email service doesn’t give timestamps or comment-sequence numbers, so I thought it was a fresh comment. I hope the readers won’t regard it as too belated if I slightly continue the dialogue between that #14 and my #15 above.

It needn’t be a conductor with an ensemble. Apparently the score, at least in some versions, allow for any instrument or combination. The premiere was with a solo piano not being played.

There is also some disagreement on what the sound of the piece would be. It could be that it is meant to be total silence, as comment #14 suggests. But another tradition of looking at it (and I think this is the larger tradition) takes the point to be the inescapable sounds of the audience, the hall, one’s own blood circulating in your ears.

Either take on the sound of it would work with this cartoon.

31. ANDREA May 1st 2013 at 07:40 pm 31

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

. . . nowadays, cell phones going off . . . people texting and talking on their cell phones . . . things Cage never even DREAMED of.