Frankronicity

Cidu Bill on Apr 8th 2013

cidu-boundandgaggeddana-summers.gif

cidu-rubes-frank.gif

The bottom one is also today’s CIDU

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bound and Gagged, CIDU, Frankenstein, Rubes, comic strips, comics, humor, synchronicity | 17 responses so far

17 Responses to “Frankronicity”

1. billybob Apr 8th 2013 at 09:34 am 1

like others particularly hate to get a phone call while in the bathroom, he particularly hates torch- and pitchfork-bearing villagers burning the castle down under this circumstance.

2. James Schend Apr 8th 2013 at 09:53 am 2

Someone knocking on your door when you’re on the can is the most annoying thing alive.

3. VCR Apr 8th 2013 at 09:55 am 3

How is that one a CIDU?

4. Ian Osmond Apr 8th 2013 at 10:59 am 4

Lavatory > Laboratory.

5. mike Apr 8th 2013 at 11:00 am 5

He probably doesn’t like having people arrive while he’s in the ‘lavatory’ - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lavatory

6. Dr. Shrinker Apr 8th 2013 at 11:51 am 6

I get it, but you have to admit that the caption for Rubes is probably the most awkwardly-written sentence in the history of everything.

7. The Ploughman Apr 8th 2013 at 12:00 pm 7

I’m with Ian (4), although that punchline seems to have been lost in revisions. Was Frankenstein known as a guy who particularly didn’t like being disturbed in his laboratory? Was that the source of his contention with the angry mob? Or was it, you know, the torches and pitchforks?

8. Morris Keesan Apr 8th 2013 at 12:15 pm 8

I recently read Mary Shelley’s book (the one subtitled The Modern Prometheus), and I don’t remember any mob disturbing Victor Frankenstein, in his laboratory or anywhere else.

9. Detcord Apr 8th 2013 at 12:41 pm 9

Morris (8)

The mob came later, hoping to get the movie rights.

10. Keera Apr 8th 2013 at 01:47 pm 10

Well, in the “Young Frankenstein” version, the angry mob does show up at the lab at the worst possible moment, interrupting an important transfer to make the monster’s brain more normal (i.e. less Abby).

11. Lost in A**2 Apr 8th 2013 at 03:27 pm 11

The kicker is the magazine he is reading, which includes the story, “DIY: Build Your Own Monster at Home!”

Being annoyed at an inopportune time was the good doctor’s inspiration to put the article to use.

12. Mark in Boston Apr 8th 2013 at 10:25 pm 12

In high school, the teacher knew the kid had watched the movie instead of reading the book when he said “in the la-BOR-a-tor-y.”

13. furrykef Apr 8th 2013 at 11:12 pm 13

These are actually side-by-side for me (unless I un-maximize my browser window, but I virtually always have them maximized), rendering the phrase “the bottom one” nonsensical.

14. James Pollock Apr 9th 2013 at 12:45 am 14

furrykef, rotate your monitor 90 degrees clockwise.

15. Mark in Boston Apr 9th 2013 at 09:57 pm 15

Almost right. He actually said “in the la-BOR-a-tree.”

16. Meryl A Apr 14th 2013 at 03:18 am 16

No, the most annoying thing is in the world is telephone ringing and it is husband calling from work with a stupid question. He only called when I was in the can. When he started working home I figured this would never happen again. Now when I lose him (on purpose) in Walmart he seems to know exactly when I visit the ladies room there and calls me on the cell phone which leads to everyone hearing the James Bond theme and embarrassing me. Ok since he now only has 100 min a month, he texts and it just makes a woosh sound, but since that is where I always am when he tries to find me, you think he would figure out to just go there and wait for me by now.

17. Keera Apr 14th 2013 at 03:28 am 17

LOL, Meryl! It sounds to me like the most annoying thing in the world is a husband. ;-)