Hulk

Cidu Bill on Apr 4th 2013

cidu-adam-hulk.gif

Filed in Adam at Home, Bill Bickel, CIDU, Hulk, comic strips, comics, humor | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “Hulk”

1. Dave Van Domelen Apr 4th 2013 at 12:09 am 1

Living green isn’t so good for Bruce Banner.

Mind you, his mom died long before he became the Hulk, but….

2. James Pollock Apr 4th 2013 at 12:37 am 2

It isn’t easy, being green…

3. James Pollock Apr 4th 2013 at 12:40 am 3

Besides, everybody knows that the Hulk is REALLY grey.

4. Kilby Apr 4th 2013 at 01:11 am 4

@ James Pollock (2) - It’s not that bad, if you’re sufficiently jolly and sufficiently sized (”Ho Ho Ho!”). The only problem is the monotonous diet.

5. James Pollock Apr 4th 2013 at 02:07 am 5

Kermit said (sang) otherwise, Kilby. I hope you won’t be offended if I take his word for it over yours…

6. Proginoskes Apr 4th 2013 at 02:47 am 6

@ Dave Van Domelen: No, it’s good for him. Not so good for his shirts.

7. Kilby Apr 4th 2013 at 03:09 am 7

@ James Pollock (5) - I knew you were referring to Kermit @2, but I’m not sure whether you were aware of my reference @4 to the Jolly Green Giant.

8. Dan W Apr 4th 2013 at 08:44 am 8

@ Kilby (7) - it took me a minute to realize you weren’t referring to Santa.

9. James Pollock Apr 4th 2013 at 12:33 pm 9

Kilby, perhaps you weren’t aware, but the “Jolly Green Giant” was only a marketing construct meant to put a happy face on a giant, faceless business. He’s no more real than “Aunt Jemima” or “Betty Crocker” or “Donald Trump”. As such, he’s “jolly” because he’s PAID to be “jolly” Kermit the Frog, on the other hand, is real (you can see him at the Smithsonian Institution museum). Also unhappy: Star Trek’s Orion slave girls; people who are seasick; and jealousy, the green-headed monster (MONSTER!), and dinosaurs (all extinct).

10. Kilby Apr 5th 2013 at 01:34 am 10

The Green Giant may be a lifeless mercenary avatar (as you said, much like Trump), but he did provide the basis for a hilarious parody appearance in the Harvard Lampoon’s “Bored of the Rings” (the character was named “Bird’s Eye, captain of the Vee-Ates”).

11. VCR Apr 8th 2013 at 03:57 pm 11

@James (3): Technically, there’s one green one and one grey one, and they’re the same person anyway.

12. Christine Apr 8th 2013 at 05:59 pm 12

It probably shows that my daughter was a natural birth, but I was thinking that (as much as it goes against his backstory) it was a reference to the Hulk’s mother having to deliver a baby who got significantly larger during the process.