Crayon

Cidu Bill on Feb 27th 2013

crayons.png

I keep thinking this is some Lucy-and-Linus homage, but I can’t figure out how

Filed in Bill Bickel, CIDU, Pardon My Planet, Vic Lee, comic strips, comics, humor | 12 responses so far

12 Responses to “Crayon”

1. Kamino Neko Feb 27th 2013 at 12:07 am 1

Is…is the little girl drawing a penis?

2. Kilby Feb 27th 2013 at 12:08 am 2

Restaurants that cater to families typically offer materials or games to keep the little hellions occupied until the meal arrives, and crayons and paper are a popular option. Here it appears that one of the crayons made its way into the food. Luckily, most crayons are composed of non-toxic wax, meaning they are edible, although clearly not delectable.

3. Kilby Feb 27th 2013 at 12:38 am 3

P.S. @ Kamino Neko (2) - Whatever it is, she doesn’t look too happy about it. Or maybe the kids ate their crayons, too.

4. Mike Feb 27th 2013 at 12:45 am 4

Does anyone ever look happy in this strip? don’t all his characters exhibit some version of that same expression?

5. Kilby Feb 27th 2013 at 01:11 am 5

@ Mike (4) - Maybe they live in Westview, too?

6. Tom T. Feb 27th 2013 at 08:50 am 6

The kids are grimly working on animation cels for the Simpsons, until they work off their parents’ debts.

7. Daniel J. Drazen Feb 27th 2013 at 10:08 am 7

I sometimes wonder whether pediatricians shouldn’t have crayons available so kids can draw on the paper used to cover the examining tables.

8. MikeK Feb 27th 2013 at 12:26 pm 8

I’m guessing that the restaurant staff kept the crayons in the cups and then when the family came in the staff just dumped the crayons on the table and filled the glasses with whatever beverage.

9. Karen Feb 27th 2013 at 02:00 pm 9

One time, if I recall it correctly, Linus asked Lucy for some hot chocolate. When she asked how it came out, he said it tasted like hot water with a brown crayon dipped in it. That’s probably what one of the diners told the waitress.

10. Christine Mar 1st 2013 at 02:28 pm 10

@Daniel J. Drazen (7) At my doctor’s office most of our waiting happens before my daughter gets measured, so there wouldn’t be much use in letting her colour for the short amount of time that’s left. Letting her draw before then might make it difficult for the nurse to see which marks were the head & foot ones for measuring her height.

11. Bob in Nashville Mar 4th 2013 at 07:52 am 11

I took it the little girl picked up a French fry thinking it was a crayon, and the man at the other table got a crayon in his French fries.

12. Kilby Mar 4th 2013 at 08:31 am 12

@ Bob (11) - I like that idea, and the color of the crayon above the girl’s drawing makes it an eminently plausible explanation.