Almost-Synchronicity

Cidu Bill on Feb 22nd 2013

Sunday:

skeleton1.jpg

Friday:

skeleton.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Buni, Lio, Mark Tatulli, comic strips, comics, humor, synchronicity | 8 responses so far

8 Responses to “Almost-Synchronicity”

1. CaroZ Feb 22nd 2013 at 02:12 pm 1

Bill, why “almost?” Seems throroughly synchro to me!

2. Kamino Neko Feb 22nd 2013 at 02:43 pm 2

The Buni seems creepier than the Lio to me. Lio’s just a creepy kid who built a snowman around a skeleton. Buni and the yeti brought their snowman to life with a hat, and left it on him as he melted. The terrifying agony the snowman must have been going through….*shudder*

3. Cidu Bill Feb 22nd 2013 at 05:02 pm 3

Because, CaroZ, by my own rule, synchronicity requires them to have been published on the same day. If I give myself permission to break that rule, it seems only fair to acknowledge it.

4. Jeff S. Feb 22nd 2013 at 06:20 pm 4

Kamino Neko, those are snowman bones in Lio. Check out their shape and look at the teeth.

Additionally, the Buni snowman could have been brought to life by the hat, the snowman doesn’t have legs, so I’m not sure he’s actually moving… although it looks like his head is in a different position in each frame.

5. CaroZ Feb 22nd 2013 at 08:51 pm 5

Ah - didn’t see the date labels! I thought you meant the concepts weren’t quite close enough to qualify.

6. Todd Feb 23rd 2013 at 04:38 am 6

Is the Buni cartoon also a global warming reference? Don’t Yetis live where it cold and frozen all year? But in the third panel, it’s warm and sunny.

7. Scott from Ohio Feb 23rd 2013 at 05:13 am 7

Am I the only one hung up on why the snowmen have skeletons in the first place? Is that the joke, or did the artists not think readers would understand a melted snowman without a skeleton?

8. Powers Feb 23rd 2013 at 09:29 am 8

Yes, the joke is that snow men have skeletons. Not sure why it was funny enough for two different strips…