Bill

Cidu Bill on Feb 19th 2013

bergerandwyse.jpg

Filed in Berger and Wyse, Bill Bickel, CIDU, comic strips, comics, humor | 18 responses so far

18 Responses to “Bill”

1. Folly Feb 18th 2013 at 11:16 pm 1

Looks like a restaurant based on molecular gastronomy.

My understanding is you often pay a lot of money and get many smaller courses. He’s expecting yet another crazy bit of food, but it’s the bill.

2. PeterW Feb 19th 2013 at 12:00 am 2

It’s some kind of fancy artistic restaurant where you could mistake the bill for a course of the meal, anyway.

3. James Pollock Feb 19th 2013 at 12:12 am 3

It’s all in the presentation. Some people will eat SNAILS if you present them properly.

4. Stan Feb 19th 2013 at 01:45 am 4

SNAILS! Good god! They’ll be eating frog legs next!

5. James Pollock Feb 19th 2013 at 03:57 am 5

Frog legs taste like chicken, snails (I assume) not so much.

6. rundstyk Feb 19th 2013 at 05:47 am 6

The best about snails is the garlic and butter they are prepared in. Skip the snails and dress your bread with butter and garlic right away. It saves time and tastes just as good.

7. Dyfsunctional Feb 19th 2013 at 06:20 am 7

What’s going on with the bubble blowing in the background?

8. Harold Feb 19th 2013 at 06:55 am 8

He’s having some bubbly.

9. Ledasmom Feb 19th 2013 at 07:05 am 9

Play on words, considering that the couple appears to have ordered champagne - “bubbly”. That and the flask being carried by the waiter on the right do make me lean towards a molecular-gastronomical interpretation.

10. BBBB Feb 19th 2013 at 08:28 am 10

This appears to be a commentary on a trend (?) in fine dining that is characterized by tiny portions, odd combinations of weird ingredients, and unusual methods of preparation.

11. BBBB Feb 19th 2013 at 08:28 am 11

Plus large bills.

12. Tonya Feb 19th 2013 at 08:56 am 12

The molecular gastronomy trend is hilariously illustrated in this “Parks n Recreation” clip.

13. Arch Feb 19th 2013 at 02:59 pm 13

Well, frog’s legs taste a good bit like spotted owl and bald eagle.

14. Stan Feb 19th 2013 at 11:06 pm 14

Arch, spotted owl is a bit gamey for my palate. I’m partial to the manatee. Give it a go. You’ll love it.

15. Tom T. Feb 20th 2013 at 09:36 am 15

Perhaps this is the Idiot Bill?

16. Molly J Feb 20th 2013 at 11:34 am 16

Stan and Arch - you’ve never tried roast panda? Delicious!

As to snails - why bother with eating de-shelled slugs? Just eat some garlic bread! I’ve eaten snails once. Once.

Most disgusting thing I ever ate was raw sea urchin. It’s apparently a very delicate, highly prized sushi. I love sushi, but this was like eating a piece of sponge that had sat on a soggy counter for a couple of days. Did. Not. Like.

17. Mark M Feb 20th 2013 at 04:31 pm 17

@11 - I know you are referring to bills being large as in expensive as opposed to size, but in this case I really think the artist was going for an “even the bills are tiny here” effect.

18. Gg83 Feb 21st 2013 at 07:57 pm 18

I don’t know about the bill, but sometimes the menu is one of the courses: