Cidu Bill on Feb 14th 2013

2divorces.gif

Filed in Bill Bickel, Bizarro, CIDU, Cupid, Valentine's Day, comic strips, comics, humor | 10 responses so far

10 Responses to “He doesn’t want to fall in love because that might lead to marriage and that would lead to another divorce??”

1. Judge Mental Feb 14th 2013 at 02:18 pm 1

I think that is it, essentially.

I don’t think this guy is normally a knight. I think he is wearing the armor specifically to repel arrows to avoid falling in love. He is on a “nothing serious” date and has already successfully repelled one arrow with his suit.

2. PeterW Feb 14th 2013 at 02:51 pm 2

I wonder if the knight is a stealth self-portrait. If we raised the visor, would we see Piraro inside?

3. James Pollock Feb 14th 2013 at 04:02 pm 3

It may be a “nothing serious” date, but he knows the pressure of Valentine’s Day.

4. Morris Keesan Feb 14th 2013 at 08:28 pm 4

He knows that for him, falling in love inevitably leads to marriage, which inevitably leads to divorce.
    When I saw this cartoon this morning, I didn’t notice the bent arrow on the table, which makes it slightly funnier for me.

5. AMC Feb 14th 2013 at 08:44 pm 5

A knight in shining amore. . . .

His problem is - you can avoid the arrows, but it’s the little black dresses that’ll get ya.

6. turquoisecow Feb 14th 2013 at 10:23 pm 6

the knight is out to dinner with someone who is not his wife, and in fact may be someone else’s wife. Thus, if cupid shoots them and they fall in love, there will some painful divorcing going on.

7. Davein Asheville Feb 15th 2013 at 07:46 am 7

Cupid is a menace.

8. mitch4 Feb 15th 2013 at 09:35 am 8

Turq #6 — I don’t really buy your theory. But it’s nice to see almost-plausible thinking departing from the chain of agreements.

9. padraig Feb 15th 2013 at 10:01 am 9

Kind of like Sam Kinison’s bit about the devil welcoming him to hell:

“YOU WILL SPEND ETERNITY IN ETERNAL TORMENT… WHAT? You’ve been married? TWICE? Oh, sorry man, y’know, I don’t think we have anything around here that’s going to make much of an impression on you.”

10. Erich Feb 16th 2013 at 02:12 pm 10

This guy obviously hasn’t listened to Leapy Lee’s “Little Arrows”: “And some folks put on armor/But the arrows go right through…”