WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.*, tr.object_id FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category', 'post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (10887) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Comics I Don’t Understand » I’m Perfectly Confused

I’m Perfectly Confused

on Feb 12th 2013

cidu-birdparentsdeeringbrew.gif

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('post_tag') AND tr.object_id IN (10887) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Filed in

WordPress database error: [Table 'com0800608122374.wp_terms' doesn't exist]
SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM wp_terms AS t INNER JOIN wp_term_taxonomy AS tt ON tt.term_id = t.term_id INNER JOIN wp_term_relationships AS tr ON tr.term_taxonomy_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND tr.object_id IN (10887) ORDER BY t.name ASC

Uncategorized | 18 responses so far

18 Responses to “I’m Perfectly Confused”

1. Kilby Feb 12th 2013 at 12:20 am 1

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I agree with the headline: This cartoon needs a CIDU tag.

Whoops. It’s there now. -Bill

2. Jeff Feb 12th 2013 at 12:28 am 2

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

I think the birds in the upper-right aren’t real; they’re part of a cuckoo clock. I still don’t get the joke, though.

3. James Pollock Feb 12th 2013 at 01:09 am 3

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Some people put fake birds in the trees on the theory that it will convince real ones to nest there. Seems nuts to me, but then, there are birds hopping around right outside the window all summer long, and all they’re good for is keeping the inside-only cats entertained.

4. Proginoskes Feb 12th 2013 at 01:44 am 4

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

It looks like a cuckoo clock to me. “Real” birds don’t live in clocks; they live in the nest. That’s what the young ones are embarrassed about.

(Real fact: Cuckoos lay their eggs in other birds’ nests. This leads us to an old joke, which takes place on a game show:)

Quizmaster: What type of bird does not lay eggs in its own nest?

Dumb [Ethnicity]: Um … A cuckoo!

Quizmaster: How did you know that?

Dumb [Ethnicity]: You silly, they live in clocks!

5. Lost in A**2 Feb 12th 2013 at 02:49 am 5

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

The nestling is consoling her sibling, “Yes, our parents are cuckoos, but everyone else has some parental eccentricity to deal with, too.”

6. Larry Lunts Feb 12th 2013 at 05:47 am 6

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Lost in A**2 has it mostly right: “Yes, our parents are cuckoo; but then, whose aren’t?”

7. John Small Berries Feb 12th 2013 at 08:36 am 7

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Now, why does that joke have to include “[Ethnicity]”, Proginoskes? “Dumb Contestant” wouldn’t have sufficed?

8. J-L Feb 12th 2013 at 11:06 am 8

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

As a member of “[Ethnicity]”, I am offended at Proginoskes’ joke (#4).

That’s right. I come from a long line of “[Ethnicity]”.

;)

9. James Pollock Feb 12th 2013 at 11:21 am 9

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

You darn “[Ethnicity]”s are all alike.

10. J-L Feb 12th 2013 at 02:21 pm 10

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

All this “[Ethnicity]” bashing reminds me something in a humorous book I read. The author (which I think was either Scott Adams or Dave Barry) wrote that occasionally he would make a joke about some obscure ethnic group, thinking that it wasn’t likely that any of its members were reading the joke.

However, inevitably he hears back from them, and the letters he receives generally fall into one of two categories:

1. Hi, I am a member of “[Ethnicity]”, and I would like to give you literature concerning members of this “[Ethnicity]” so you can better understand them and their culture.

2. Hi, I am a member of “[Ethnicity]”, and that joke you wrote concerning “[Ethnicity]” was hilarious! Can I send it to my family members?

11. Mark in Boston Feb 12th 2013 at 09:22 pm 11

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

Comedian: “Hey there! Before I tell this next joke, are there any [Ethnicity] here? I don’t want to cause any hard feelings. Any [Ethnicity]? Anyone? No? OK. There’s this [Ethnicity] fellow, and you know how slow they are, and he calls his wife on the phone, but of course he’s so slow it takes him five minutes to dial her number, so his wife — who is even slower than he is — hears it ring …”

Man in audience: “I’m [Ethnicity]!”

12. mitch4 Feb 13th 2013 at 01:33 am 12

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

“Nobody’s parents are perfect” … to paraphrase Philip Larkin.

13. Proginoskes Feb 13th 2013 at 02:09 am 13

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

@ Mark in Boston: “Hey there! Before I tell this next joke, are there any [Ethnicity] here? Yes? Okay, then I’ll talk slower.”

@ John Small Berries (#7): Yes, I should have gone with “contestant.”

14. Todd Feb 14th 2013 at 05:33 pm 14

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

One of the men’s magazines created a fake ethnicity so they could put ethnic jokes on their joke pages and not offend any possible “readers”. Of course, they had no problem putting in jokes that insult women. If I could remember the name of their fake ethnicity, I would suggest using that in the future.

15. Morris Keesan Feb 14th 2013 at 08:31 pm 15

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

A friend and I used to tell each other ethnic jokes, such as
    “How many ethnics does it take to change a lightbulb?”

The only actual example I remember is, “What should you do if an ethnic throws a grenade at you?” “Pull the pin and throw it back.”

I’m sure more will occur to me.

16. Mark in Boston Feb 14th 2013 at 10:31 pm 16

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

We used to tell YFEG jokes. YFEG stands for Your Favorite Ethnic Group. It could be any ethnicity at all.

These two YFEGs, Pat and Mike, stepped off the boat in New York on their first trip away from whatever emerald isle they lived on ….

17. tristara Feb 19th 2013 at 12:26 am 17

18. tristara Feb 19th 2013 at 12:28 am 18

SELECT * FROM wp_users WHERE ID = '1' LIMIT 1

referring to my previous post, I just realized the real problem is this comic needs a geezer tag and I am the only one who got it…..