Everybody’s talking about who won the Super Bowl…

Cidu Bill on Feb 3rd 2013

I want to know who found the damn Coca Cola bottle.

Filed in Bill Bickel, Coca Cola, Super Bowl | 26 responses so far

26 Responses to “Everybody’s talking about who won the Super Bowl…”

1. Rasheed Feb 3rd 2013 at 11:06 pm 1

Showgirls of course. Badlanders crashed through the wall and fell, Cowboys got distracted by a wood duck.

2. Jeff Feb 3rd 2013 at 11:33 pm 2

The Super Bowl? Was that today?

3. James Schend Feb 4th 2013 at 01:06 am 3

What movie were the showgirls from? I got the sense that each group was based on a movie, but I couldn’t think of any movies where a bus full of Vegas showgirls is tooling through the desert except possibly the MST3K classic “Operation Double 007″. And I highly doubt that’s what they were going for…

4. pepperjackcandy Feb 4th 2013 at 01:16 am 4

The showgirls reminded me of “The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert,” which I don’t think was what they were going for.

Or maybe they were.

5. Bob in Nashville Feb 4th 2013 at 07:26 am 5

Well, the “bikers” reminded me of the first two “Mad Max” movies. Especially the bad guys in “Road Warrior.”

6. padraig Feb 4th 2013 at 09:25 am 6

75% male audience, more like 95% if you only count people actually looking at the TV set, who do you THINK is going to win?

Although with San Francisco in the game, the guys in cowboy attire probably got a little boost.

7. padraig Feb 4th 2013 at 09:26 am 7

Oh, and the GoDaddy commercial definitely qualifies for an “ewwwww” award, not to mention wasting talent by allowing Bar Rafaeli to remain fully clothed.

8. yellojkt Feb 4th 2013 at 09:38 am 8

The Showgirls won. Coke wimped out by not making them drag queens like the real Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.

9. Powers Feb 4th 2013 at 09:45 am 9

Well that was anti-climatic. Makes no sense. And where’s the Arab?

10. yellojkt Feb 4th 2013 at 10:02 am 10

The Arab had the last laugh.

11. Frosted Donut Feb 4th 2013 at 10:03 am 11

@Powers: The Arab was a non-starter, thanks to the camel.

Which, of course, generated accusations that Coke was mocking Arabs. And some people are probably upset about the negative portrayal of the camel…

12. Elyrest Feb 4th 2013 at 11:20 am 12

I can honestly say I don’t know who won the Superbowl. I didn’t watch the game and I’m not working today so there’s no one to mention it to me.

13. Frosted Donut Feb 4th 2013 at 11:41 am 13

@Elyrest: It was Coach Harbaugh’s team.

14. James Pollock Feb 4th 2013 at 01:37 pm 14

The winner was NOT the local electric utility OR the facilities team at the Superdome.

15. Boise Ed Feb 4th 2013 at 01:38 pm 15

Thanks for the link, yellojkt. I had thought this was going to be an ongoing series of ads, with a more protracted “contest.” What, did they show this during the postgame hoohah?

16. Elyrest Feb 4th 2013 at 02:08 pm 16

“It was Coach Harbaugh’s team.”

Frosted Donut - Thank you, but that would mean I know what team Harbaugh coaches for - I don’t. I have figured it out who one by now though just by seeing a few headlines as I clicked around.

17. minor annoyance Feb 4th 2013 at 02:18 pm 17

Whatever happened to the Bud Bowl?

18. Boise Ed Feb 4th 2013 at 03:06 pm 18

Elyrest: Frosted Donut was making a joke. Both coaches are named Harbaugh. It was the first Superbowl where two brothers have coached against each other.

minor annoyance: Bud Bowl commercials haven’t been on for six years. The Puppy Bowl was still on, though.

19. Elyrest Feb 4th 2013 at 03:24 pm 19

Boise Ed - The fact that I didn’t even realize that Frosted Donut was making a joke just goes to show how little attention I actually paid to anything about the game.

20. Dave in Asheville Feb 4th 2013 at 07:14 pm 20

I’m not really much of an NFL fan myself, but I ended up watching and it turned out to be quite an entertaining game. If SF had been able to pull off the comeback (and they *almost* did), you would have heard the term “Immaculate Power Outage” or some-such for awhile.

21. Mark in Boston Feb 4th 2013 at 07:57 pm 21

The Arab has his own website: http://vincentdefairweather.tumblr.com/

22. Morris Keesan Feb 4th 2013 at 08:43 pm 22

I was really hoping the Arab would win, in spite of reportedly not being on the ballot.
    I realized that Frosted Donut was making a joke, but I just assumed that the joke was that Elyrest was likely to be as ignorant as I was about coaches’ names. I still don’t know who won, although I somehow managed to absorb the knowledge of which cities the two teams were representing; I’m likely to forget even that, long before next year’s Superb Owl.

23. Proginoskes Feb 5th 2013 at 01:52 am 23

The fact that the Arab won means the commercial IS racist … Against Jews!!!

24. Molly J Feb 5th 2013 at 02:58 pm 24

Does anyone really think that Coke made a number of alternate endings and chose which one to air based on “on the spot” voting? ‘Cause I don’t.

25. Lost in A**2 Feb 5th 2013 at 11:02 pm 25

Much easier, and cheaper, to make one ending and say that was the vote went. Not that I care, mind you.

26. James Pollock Feb 6th 2013 at 10:51 am 26

Actually, I bet that Coke made endings where each possible winner, well, wins… and will air them all.